Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Duplicate Cover images

When I convert from epub to mobi I often get two cover images in the mobi file. The first image looks correct but the second one looks peculiar because the ratio is wrong. The height is too short.

I have spent days trying to solve this issue to no avail.

The only way I can get round it is to remove all references to the cover image file in the epub opf and ncx files and then "change cover image" when converting in Calibre.

This is a random occurrence but it happens frequently.

It's doing my 'ead in!

Does anyone know what is causing this.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
When I convert from epub to mobi I often get two cover images in the mobi file. The first image looks correct but the second one looks peculiar because the ratio is wrong. The height is too short.

I have spent days trying to solve this issue to no avail.

The only way I can get round it is to remove all references to the cover image file in the epub opf and ncx files and then "change cover image" when converting in Calibre.

This is a random occurrence but it happens frequently.

It's doing my 'ead in!

Does anyone know what is causing this.
are you able to explode a mobi like an epub?
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the remove first image option in the conversion settings.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
for me to avoid this i open the epub in sigil and remove the html which contain the cover image from book browser and make sure symantics is set to cover in image that contain the cover in images section in book browser of sigil then save epub by save as to any other name then convert by calibre or by dragging file to opened kindle previewer
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote