Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #421
locksoft
locksoft began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hmmm... I thought I understood how the plugin works.
I was able to create a new column as collection name, and make Calibre create new collections to my Voyage. Then I manually assigned all my books to the relative collections (it took hours)!

I can see everything is correct from the plugin GUI.

I sync data to Kindle but all books are outside collections (I also restarted the Kindle, but nothing changed).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
locksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:00 PM   #422
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by locksoft View Post
Hmmm... I thought I understood how the plugin works.
I was able to create a new column as collection name, and make Calibre create new collections to my Voyage. Then I manually assigned all my books to the relative collections (it took hours)!

I can see everything is correct from the plugin GUI.

I sync data to Kindle but all books are outside collections (I also restarted the Kindle, but nothing changed).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Trying to use it on a device after K4
Big A made changes that block a lot of stuff that used to be done UNLESS you jail break.
Read post 1, it outlines all the limits
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #423
locksoft
locksoft began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Trying to use it on a device after K4
Big A made changes that block a lot of stuff that used to be done UNLESS you jail break.
Read post 1, it outlines all the limits
Thanks, now it's all more clear.
I don't know much about JB but I remember I tried to do that a lot of years ago when I purchased the Kindle and it wasn't possible.
So I guess I'll do it manually.
locksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:50 PM   #424
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Is there any way to order the books within a collection?
I'm on a Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition, using this with LibrarianSync.
I'd like to list all the books in reading/release order.
If I have the books on Amazon I get a number under the name in a collection.
EG
Raising Steam has 40 in a bar at the bottom of it
The Shepherds Crown has 41 in a bar at the bottom of it.

In Calibre they are listed under series as:
Discworld [40] and Discworld [41] respectively.

I can't for the life of me work out how to get that to be referenced in the collection on the Kindle.

I am more than happy to use different tools if that's what's required.

I've also just noticed.. Collections look like a folder. The "Amazon" ones with the numbers underneath are listed as Series in the UI.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 06-16-2022 at 02:53 PM. Reason: noting discovery of series.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:42 PM   #425
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This isn't currently compatible with the PW5.

But, IIRC, there's something related to timestamps that affects ordering that's possibly applicable. Can't remember, haven't used this in years.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2022, 09:14 PM   #426
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
how do I make this plugin stop modifying existing collections?, i have a book, I put it in collection A, I run the plugin, I go to my kindle, I upgrade collections using librariansync (i use update not rebuild), things are ok, I delete book from calibre becuase I don't want to have the same book twice, next time I need to upload a book I run plugin from calibre (book in collection A no longer in calibre) another book also in collection A, previous book not longer in collection A and new book is ok. The thing that has stopped me from finding why is that it doesn't do this always, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
Homer55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:26 PM   #427
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer55 View Post
how do I make this plugin stop modifying existing collections?, i have a book, I put it in collection A, I run the plugin, I go to my kindle, I upgrade collections using librariansync (i use update not rebuild), things are ok, I delete book from calibre becuase I don't want to have the same book twice, next time I need to upload a book I run plugin from calibre (book in collection A no longer in calibre) another book also in collection A, previous book not longer in collection A and new book is ok. The thing that has stopped me from finding why is that it doesn't do this always, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
ignore this but I have a problem that I think may be related, I try to edit the collections manually and this error appears

Code:
calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'

calibre 6.0  embedded-python: True
Linux-5.15.53-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.15.53-1-MANJARO', '#1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 7 16:56:55 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.1
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 14, 0) && Generate Cover (2, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 4) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 63, 0) && KFX Output (1, 63, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && KindleXRay (0, 0, 6) && Manage Series (1, 3, 0) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Reading List (1, 12, 0) && WordDumb (3, 23, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 333, in collection_combo_index_changed
    self.refresh_table(collection)
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 406, in refresh_table
    self.edit_w._table.populate_table(self.sorted_book_codes, self.book_details, self.sort_field, self.sort_order)
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 530, in populate_table
    self.populate_table_row(row, row_data[index])
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_collections", line 554, in populate_table_row
    item = CheckableTableWidgetItem(data['include'])
  File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.utilities", line 247, in __init__
    self.setFlags(Qt.ItemFlags(Qt.ItemIsSelectable | Qt.ItemIsUserCheckable | Qt.ItemIsEnabled ))
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'
Homer55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:35 PM   #428
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't believe this PI was updated to work with Calibre 6.
Either back rev to 5.44 or hope the maintaining dev takes pity
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:08 PM   #429
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indeed, Qt6 support will come whenever I actually have time to work on it .
Old 11-01-2022, 12:21 PM   #430
dmeyer0
dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Making "Edit Collections manually..." work with Qt6 is actually surprisingly easy if you're comfortable with editing source code.

Just go to where your plugins live (~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins on my Mac), unzip "Kindle Collections.zip", and make a couple of minor changes to utilities.py:

where it references
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.UserType
change that to
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.ItemType.UserType

and where it references
Qt.ItemFlags
change that to
Qt.ItemFlag

zip "Kindle Collections.zip" back up, restart calibre, and it's just working for me. Hope this helps someone.
dmeyer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #431
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I finally find time to update all the Collection things for the not-so-new devices .
Old 11-02-2022, 05:07 AM   #432
simonuzzo
simonuzzo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7gen ( g090 g105)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeyer0 View Post
Making "Edit Collections manually..." work with Qt6 is actually surprisingly easy if you're comfortable with editing source code.

Just go to where your plugins live (~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins on my Mac), unzip "Kindle Collections.zip", and make a couple of minor changes to utilities.py:

where it references
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.UserType
change that to
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.ItemType.UserType

and where it references
Qt.ItemFlags
change that to
Qt.ItemFlag

zip "Kindle Collections.zip" back up, restart calibre, and it's just working for me. Hope this helps someone.
Thanks.
I can confirm that it works.

If you authorize me, I post the zip, with the suggested modification by dmeyer0. For those who are not able to do it independently
simonuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #433
NiLuJe
BLAM!

No, because I'll ultimately want to do something that works on *both* versions, which I imagine this doesn't .
Old 12-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #434
Ertagon
Ertagon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Lacks a profile for Kindle Scribe.
Ertagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 05:29 PM   #435
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Because the Scribe lacks a JB ;o).

(More relevant is the lack of PW5 and possibly a few other earlier device, because it's tied to stuff that I have yet to find time to work on). And as mentioned above, calibre 5 support, too ;p.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle