Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
"The Planet of The Apes -Sound of Music" with LE and a pack of little chimps skipping
across an alpine field. (Bad Imagination, Bad, Bad!)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #17
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Interesting; the cable that came with my warranty replacement JB was double ended at the USB end and single at the mini USB end. I'd never seen one like it before.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
One of the USB ends only uses the power connections. It is to allow the device (in this
case your JB) to draw current off two USB ports.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #19
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
One of the USB ends only uses the power connections. It is to allow the device (in this
case your JB) to draw current off two USB ports.

Luck;
Ken
The JB is a low draw device so I don't see why it would need the extra USB connection. Usually, one sees the double USB cables with higher draw devices such as USB powered optical drives.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #20
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The JB is a low draw device so I don't see why it would need the extra USB connection. Usually, one sees the double USB cables with higher draw devices such as USB powered optical drives.
Charges faster.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #21
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
Charges faster.
Does the JB not come with a wall wart (AC powered battery charger)?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #22
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Comes with both, but yes you can plug both ends of the USB in for faster charging.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #23
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Comes with both, but yes you can plug both ends of the USB in for faster charging.
What advantage would USB charging have over a wall wart?
Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 AM   #24
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
What advantage would USB charging have over a wall wart?
Well, for me, it means one plug (for my computer) instead of two.

And that means that I don't overload my electrical system quite as much...

This is especially true when travelling where outlets seem to be quite limited.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #25
MLXXXp
Enthusiast
MLXXXp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nokia N800
Charging via USB allows you to use an inexpensive 12V to USB car adapter to charge in your vehicle. Or your vehicle may already have a USB jack on the stereo (for playing MP3's from a flash drive or portable hard drive).

Of course, you could also use a 12V to 120VAC adapter with the wall wart but this would be bulkier and less efficient.
MLXXXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #26
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLXXXp View Post
...Of course, you could also use a 12V to 120VAC adapter with the wall wart but this would be bulkier and less efficient.
Mayhap, but I already have an inverter (and a spare) I keep handy in my truck for charging/running my netbook and cell phone so it would be a moot point for me (especially since I have a JBL which doesn't use a charger). The only USB I would have when on the road would be my net book and it's not exactly a great source of power.