Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
blackxacto
Enthusiast
blackxacto began at the beginning.

Device: iMac 10,1, OSX10.9
Where is a Command Line Interface in OSX?

What the heck is a Command line interface that I am suppose to use with certain plugins in Calibre for OSX?

I downloaded both plug-ins Modify ePub & Quality Check. Unzipped them on my desktop. Then additionally went to Preferences/Miscellaneous/Advanced to install the same plugins.

So I've got two full folders of plugins, but where the heck do they go. And if I get them in what the heck is a Command line interface in OSX?
blackxacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
From the Download page:

Note

If you are using OS X Tiger or a PowerPC Mac, the last version of calibre that will work on your machine is 0.7.28, available here.
The app cannot be run from within the dmg. You must drag it to a folder on your filesystem (The Desktop, Applications, wherever).
To install the command line tools, go to Preferences->Advanced->Miscellaneous
In order for localization of the user interface in your language, select your language in the preferences (by pressing ?+P) and select your language.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxacto View Post
what the heck is a Command line interface in OSX?
Terminal program in Utilities.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I don't believe you HAVE to use those plugins via command line; it's just an option for some people.

Rather than downloading the plugisn manually, why not just click the down arrow next to Preferences on the main menu bar and select "Get plugins to enhance calibre", and then select the plugins you want from the displayed list.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxacto View Post
What the heck is a Command line interface that I am suppose to use with certain plugins in Calibre for OSX?

I downloaded both plug-ins Modify ePub & Quality Check. Unzipped them on my desktop. Then additionally went to Preferences/Miscellaneous/Advanced to install the same plugins.

So I've got two full folders of plugins, but where the heck do they go. And if I get them in what the heck is a Command line interface in OSX?

You don't unzip Plugins

You use Preferences: Plugins:<the Add PI button> to add the ZIP
Or for common distribution ones you mentioned:
Preferences: Get Plugins: <Select> :click install
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert