Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
mobilebo
mobilebo began at the beginning.

Device: none
keep cover with book

I have an non Amazon epub book converted by Calibre to mobi/kindle content resulting in 3 files: book, cover and metadata. Then, I find the Amazon kindle book folder which has Amazon book files and an Amazon cover folder for Amazon kindle covers. The Amazon books show up in kindle with the cover. I've copied my converted book into the Amazon kindle folder which is then recognized by kindle- I can read it in kindle. Problem: the cover doesn't visualize; instead it shows a generic book cover. I've copied the Calibre created jpg "cover" and/or "metadata" into the kindle folder or into the cover folder- same non visualized result. What can I do to keep the Calibre cover and book together in kindle?
mobilebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What Kindle device or App are you using?

There is an issue right now with Kindle for Android (which would probably include the Kindle Fire) showing covers on sideloaded books. AFAIK there is no solution to this as of yet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
mobilebo
mobilebo began at the beginning.

Device: none
the converted book is readable in k4pc and kindle for android.
mobilebo is offline   Reply With Quote