Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome too. Do you find your hand going numb when holding the Fire with one hand. I do sometimes.

Carol
I don't have this problem. I have it when holding the other Kindles though. My hand locks up and goes numb.
I hold the Fire with my palm opened. In bed I prop it up on a throw pillow. I want a Marware case so I can use the hand holder.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't have this problem. I have it when holding the other Kindles though. My hand locks up and goes numb.
I hold the Fire with my palm opened. In bed I prop it up on a throw pillow. I want a Marware case so I can use the hand holder.
I'm just the opposite. I don't have trouble with my K3 but my hand goes numb and hurts with the Fire.

I looked at the Marware one and it's nice, but they were out of stock on them at Amazon and I didn't see any in the local stores. I also looked at one by Verso. It had a large pocket on the back where you could probably put your hand but it didn't have an elastic band to keep it closed. I ended up getting a Belkin one.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #18
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It does have cord issues but it seems the more I use it the easier it is to plug it in.

I love my KF and these past two weeks it has been really great to have. I have been suffering from horrible sleep patterns. Not sleeping well at night. It's great to pick up my Kindle Fire which is on my nightstand and read till I can sleep.

One of the neighbors got a rooster a few months back and it crows consistently from 4AM till Noon. I blame it for the sleep disturbances.
Roosters are Tasty.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
Roosters are Tasty.
Sometimes I lay in bed thinking of rooster recipes.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Sometimes I lay in bed thinking of rooster recipes.
Don't you have shotguns in Tennessee?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
GhostKobold
GhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 4g, Kindle Fire, Nook ST
The OP didn't compare the Fire to a Ipad but an Iphone....
GhostKobold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Don't you have shotguns in Tennessee?
I hear those all the time. Our backyard neighbor gets pretty darn close when he shoots his off.

I don't even know who owns the rooster. There isn't any farms on this street. It must be the street over.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No my brain is hard to turn off. Reading helps me alot. Before the Fire I used my phone to read on at night. Believe me usually 4 to 5 chapters and I am out like a light but how can one sleep when you hear cockle doodle doo all the time.
You could also try reading red on black text. It's my understanding that white light is a cue to our brain to stay awake. If your Kindle is rooted, you can use ChainFire3D to provide a red on black mode. If it's not rooted, you can put some Rubylith (ebay) over your screen--it's what amateur astronomers do with laptops and other devices.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #24
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I hear those all the time. Our backyard neighbor gets pretty darn close when he shoots his off.

I don't even know who owns the rooster. There isn't any farms on this street. It must be the street over.
You could always get an:

Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #25
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
You could always get an:

Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle

Carol
Why would you suggest such a thing?

Don't listen to sadievan, you'll shoot your eye out!

I live in a fairly noisy neighborhood, and I tend to just toss in some noise-cancelling IEM's and listen to an audiobook on very low volume. It helps me fall asleep and ignore any noise.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
You could also try reading red on black text. It's my understanding that white light is a cue to our brain to stay awake. If your Kindle is rooted, you can use ChainFire3D to provide a red on black mode. If it's not rooted, you can put some Rubylith (ebay) over your screen--it's what amateur astronomers do with laptops and other devices.
I read with dark grey on black text with brightness all the way down and Screen Filter on 45% Red would give me a headache.
The Fire isn't causing me not to sleep. What through my sleep patterns off beside the rooster was my hubby gave my last B12 shot a couple weeks ago around Midnight. Big mistake. I was wired for the next 12 hours. So it's his and the rooster fault.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus Phreak View Post
Why would you suggest such a thing?

Don't listen to sadievan, you'll shoot your eye out!

I live in a fairly noisy neighborhood, and I tend to just toss in some noise-cancelling IEM's and listen to an audiobook on very low volume. It helps me fall asleep and ignore any noise.
Wow I can't fall to sleep listening to anything. Not even music. My brain will stay awake listening. We use a fan noise to help us sleep but that's the only thing that doesn't disturb me. My husband snores loudly! I've grown use to it but sometimes I want to smack him awake! He says I snore just as bad but only sometimes.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #28
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
Quote:
I can' t sleep with them in but I have been known to use them when I am trying to read and hubby has the TV blasting.
I can't sleep with most earplugs, but I finally found one type which suits me best. FWIW, don't give up, keep on trying different brands till you find one which suits you!
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #29
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Wow I can't fall to sleep listening to anything. Not even music. My brain will stay awake listening. We use a fan noise to help us sleep but that's the only thing that doesn't disturb me. My husband snores loudly! I've grown use to it but sometimes I want to smack him awake! He says I snore just as bad but only sometimes.
Yeah music normally keeps me up...and certain audiobooks will do the same. The audiobooks I typically use are the older Foundation Series audiobooks. The narrator has a very soft even voice...puts me out very quickly.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #30
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
returning mine too

I am returning my Kindle Fire too. I like it just fine, I don't LOVE it. I don't really need it, I have a PB360 and reading books on it is much better.

The Fire is cool but its kinda like a big iphone to me. As I said I like it just fine, I don't love it.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote