Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
gahrons
gahrons began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise 1150
Question Unable to register to bookstore

I have migrated my 1150 and all is working fine except connection to the native fictionwise/ebookwise servers.
This is what I get with both dial-up and USB networking:

Quote:
eBook Network Message
You do not have access to this Bookstore. The operation you requested did not succeed. Please try again in a few minutes. If it still does not succeed after repeated attempts please contact the customer support number listed in your product manual.
I have Viewer 4.2f17 but the S/N is empty, is that the problem? I live in Europe, is that something ebookwise.com will detect and suspend my connection?

netstat -a
gets me the clue that my ebookwise 1150 is connection to
api.ebooksystem.net

The linux wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBookwise-1150-Linux got me this clue http://bookshelf.ebooksystem.net/bookshelf/default.asp
and that gives me this:
Quote:
eBook Network Message

Bad input received. The operation you requested did not succeed. Please try again in a few minutes. If it still does not succeed after repeated attempts please contact the customer support number listed in your product manual.
this is the message you get when there is no response at all, so I am definitely getting some sort of connection in my first error message.

Quote:
There was no response from the server; trying the operation again may help. Perhaps an HTTP proxy server should be configured.
Running Microsoft Network Monitor now, but can't make any sence of what I am getting http://connect.microsoft.com/site/si...spx?SiteID=216
Attaching the capture file to this Post.

Best Regards
/1150 newbie :-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ebw-1150-bookstore.cap.zip (7.1 KB, 446 views)
gahrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
welcome!

Welcome to the message boards, I alas have no ideas on how to fix the problem. I am sure one of the more experienced/ tech savvy people will have a idea for you.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
gahrons

Thanks,

This is my first ebook, so I am excited to really use it to buy ebooks. But the impserv work as a intermediate sollution right now.

Any hacker out there that can figure out whats wrong, please write back :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Welcome to the message boards, I alas have no ideas on how to fix the problem. I am sure one of the more experienced/ tech savvy people will have a idea for you.

Amy
Old 07-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
librarian program

I normally use the librarian program to load all my books and don't bother trying to connect to ebookwises site directly.

Anyway I am glad impserv is working for you.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahrons View Post
I have migrated my 1150 and all is working fine except connection to the native fictionwise/ebookwise servers.
This is what I get with both dial-up and USB networking:
Try re-registering your EBW1150 per this post.

Quote:
I have Viewer 4.2f17 but the S/N is empty, is that the problem? I live in Europe, is that something ebookwise.com will detect and suspend my connection?
It could be that the migration failed somehow since the serial number should match what is printed on the back of the unit. Re-follow the instructions for the GEB-1150 eBook at the ETI website about the migration process, if all else fails.

Or just send an email to them explaining your situation. They are most helpful!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
gahrons

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Or just send an email to them explaining your situation. They are most helpful!
Indeed most helpfull :-) Everything got sorted out, I have a unit now that works to buy books with. Now Im off to installing IMPserv to be able to import PDF-files that I need to read for school.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahrons View Post
Now Im off to installing IMPserv to be able to import PDF-files that I need to read for school.
If those .pdf files are online and complex, consider downloading them first and converting them to .imp on your computer (using PDFRead directly).

Then upload the resulting .imp to the EBW1150 using impserve. Otherwise, the (long) conversion time may "time-out" the impserve connection with the EBW1150 and fail.

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-16-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Also the mobipocket creator may do a better job on PDF's the PDFread. (SOrry Nick.) I try PDFRead first, then Mobicreator if needed.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Also the mobipocket creator may do a better job on PDF's the PDFread. (SOrry Nick.) I try PDFRead first, then Mobicreator if needed.

No apology necessary, as I use PDFRead as a LAST RESORT (when nothing else helps)!

I too have had great success using Mobipocket Creator to convert .pdf files into ebooks (as I do prefer 'words' to 'images' anyday)!!!!

Tags
dialup, error, netstat, network, usb