Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
skipray
skipray began at the beginning.

Device: Augen "The Book"
Calibre - show format

I am new to this forun and Calibre.
I need a way to show the format of the ebooks in my Calibre catalog.
In the main screen with title, author, tags, etc.
Some books show better with some formats than others; with 7000 some books I don't want to have to convert them all if I already have a good format, but Calibre doesn't show it.
Calibre 7.28 Mac OS 10.5
skipray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
See this FAQ entry.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You have now asked this question three times in two days and have been given the same answer by three different people. Stop posting new threads asking it again - if you have a further clarification you require then ask it on the same thread.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
skipray
skipray began at the beginning.

Device: Augen "The Book"
Sorry about the reposts.
I couldn't find my original posts by searching for my name.

However, the FAQ doesn't really help me.
Is my question clear?
skipray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Go to preferences, select custom columns, create a new column "from other columns" (the green plus icon), give it a name and a lookup name, and in the template field, type "{formats}" (without the quotes). Click OK, restart Calibre.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
skipray, at top of forum where it says 'Welcome skipray', click on your username, then in new window, click on statistics, then you can 'find all posts by...' or 'find all threads started by...'
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipray View Post
Sorry about the reposts. I couldn't find my original posts by searching for my name.
This isn't acceptable. You have two things you can do.

1. Follow Perkin's advice to find your previous posts.
2. Go to your control panel, User CP top left side.
  • Edit Email & Password and make sure you have your email address entered.
  • Edit Options and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to Instant email notification.
  • This will make sure that you will be notified by email of any response you get to your posts. This email will provide you a link so you can go directly to the thread.
You have to understand our answers are usually based on the latest version and 0.7.28 is already 18 versions out of date. Our advice may not apply to your version.

Even though I answered you twice before I'll try one more time. Review this sticky post, scroll down to Common composite custom columns for detailed instructions to your problem.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-18-2011 at 10:38 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
markmuse
markmuse began at the beginning.

Device: asus eeepc
I have followed the above directions to create a format column and get the following message.
calibre, version 0.7.46
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QString' object has no attribute 'strip'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\create_custom_co lumn.py", line 161, in accept
AttributeError: 'QString' object has no attribute 'strip'

Entered the data as follows:
Lookup name: format
Column heading: Format
Template: {formats}

Version 0.7.46
Windows 7
Asus Eee PC t91MT

Please advise.
markmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, format