Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #46
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groen View Post
A (very) quick test ran smoothly on my DR1000, except for one thing. If I want to insert text through the text tool, the on-screen keyboard does not show up. I remember this worked in a previous version, but I don't know if I also tested this in 0.6. At least it does not appear to work in 0.7.
I found the problem. When improving the behaviours of the buttons, I made a mistake and would never give the text-items any 'focus' and thus the keyboard would not appear.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #47
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
...and when used in landscape mode, which can be useful for a better support of the writing hand, the text does not appear where one writes it, but in the other corner as if it still was in portrait mode.
There was indeed no proper handling for rotated screens, the scribbles would initially be written on the incorrect location, only after a full screen update, they where drawn on the correct location. It is not that difficult to fix this problem, so it will be in the upcoming patch-release.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #48
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
I still have to press the battery status to get Xournal to display a 10-page .xoj file I created.
Thomas,

I could not reproduce this, is this when opening the file by clicking on it to start xournal and open the file, or when opening the file when xournal was already started?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #49
Mackx
Guru

Xournal dr-0.7a

I updated the first message of this thread with a new update for Xournal with patched for (most of) the reported problems:
- fix problem with text-items that did not work anymore.
- fix problem with rotation handling.
- fix problem with 'recogniser'-updates.

As always, please keep giving your feedback.
Marcel.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #50
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Landscape note taking indeed works perfectly now!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #51
wemaho
Nameless Being

Marcel,

Thanks for this new version (I tried version 7a). It is a great improvement for note taking. I will (re)start to use it from now on (both for reading and note taking at my work).

If you want, I'll gather all findings (I already found some small things) and report them back to you next weekend.

Best regards,
Werner
Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #52
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemaho View Post
If you want, I'll gather all findings (I already found some small things) and report them back to you next weekend.
Yes, that would be great, Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #53
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Marcel,

Either way. I just tried it again to make sure. The file was written with older versions, incrementally. It is a journal of an experiment, and it is all scribbles.

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 AM   #54
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Marcel,

Since version 0.7 my DR1000 occassionally hangs when running Xournal. It only occurred a couple of times. I remember it happened when I was trying to open a Note-file, and today it happened when trying to save a file (luckily I had not written anything yet). Maybe it is connected to calling up the open/save file dialog?

Greetings,
Groen
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #55
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Since version 0.7 my DR1000 occassionally hangs when running Xournal. It only occurred a couple of times. I remember it happened when I was trying to open a Note-file, and today it happened when trying to save a file (luckily I had not written anything yet). Maybe it is connected to calling up the open/save file dialog?
Hi Groen,

So you had Xournal running (in the background) and then other programs have problems with their dialogs? Does the DR not respond to anything anymore? Not even the menu-key?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #56
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
So you had Xournal running (in the background) and then other programs have problems with their dialogs? Does the DR not respond to anything anymore? Not even the menu-key?
Xournal was running in the foreground. The dialogs were the dialogs of Xournal. In the case when I was doing the save (save Xournal document), I had PDFs open in the background (in the UDS). I tried to save my Xournal document, but the DR hang. No response to the stylus. I did not try the menu key, because I have the bottom sensors locked. The unlocked (left) sensor did light up when touched, but no visible response. I could not switch applications by tapping the tabs with the stylus, nor did the DR menu come up when tapping it with the stylus.

When I tried to import the note document, I experienced the same behaviour, although I do not remember whether I had any documents open in the background. At least Xournal was running in the foreground at that time.

The hang on import occurred twice or maybe three times. The hang on save occurred only once. Pressing reset restarted the DR and afterwards it was working correctly. When I retried what I was doing in Xournal, it simply worked fine after the reset.

I don't really know what caused it, but after todays hang, I realised that it occurred at the moment I was expecting a file open (for importing the note file) or file save dialog (for saving Xournal file) to appear. However, it never appeared.

So far, I did not really loose any work. However, I thought it was good to report it.

Groen
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #57
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
@Mackx: concurrent refreshes as in FBReader?
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #58
Mackx
Guru

@Groen: Thanks for explaining, I will recheck the code to see if I forgot something.
If I read well: You get it when using the File->Import Notes-menu and when using File->Save (or Save As)?

@dima_tr: I am using functions to block screen updates, I guess that I forgot to unblock them. It could be the already known bug that sometimes the DR hangs when using xournal, but I have only seen that as a combination of scribbling and full-screen refresh.

Are there more people that have seen this problem? (this helps to determine if it is related to a local something on the DR/SD-card of Groen or if it is a generic problem.) Please try to remember if the expected dialog appeared or not. Does pressing the menu-key help, any other button?
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #59
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
@Groen: Thanks for explaining, I will recheck the code to see if I forgot something.
If I read well: You get it when using the File->Import Notes-menu and when using File->Save (or Save As)?
Correct. In both cases I had not done anything else in Xournal, just started Xournal up to get started. In the first case to import the notes file (in order to convert it to PDF), in the second case I wanted to start scribbling, but hadn't started yet. I usually start off with saving the blank document in other to have a filename assigned to it, so I can just hit save later to regularly save it while I progress writing.

Last edited by Groen; 11-11-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #60
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Correct. In both cases I had not done anything else in Xournal, just started Xournal up to get started. In the first case to import the notes file (in order to convert it to PDF), in the second case I wanted to start scribbling, but hadn't started yet. I usually start off with saving the blank document in other to have a filename assigned to it, so I can just hit save later to regularly save it while I progress writing.
Thanks,

A first look at the code did not releveal any obvious problems. I received your e-mail and will try to solve the problem 'off-line' with you.

Tags
xournal