Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
Enraptured
Connoisseur
Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Touch
Hello :)

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I got a Sony PRS-505 for Christmas, and so far I love it. (I do wish it were easier to read PDFs on it though... I've tried converting them with Calibre, but it erases most of the paragraph breaks ) I like to read a little bit of everything, but my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy (although I prefer urban fantasy to the elves-and-dragons kind).

Last edited by Enraptured; 01-18-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Enraptured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Enraptured and welcome to the Forum. I've had a 505 for a year now and am addicted to the thing. Have had similar problems with PDFs. Some work fine others have problems.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome Enraptured. You might try Baen for SF/F books. Good price & some free.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hiya Enraptured. Fictionwise is also good for books - reasonably priced too - though you don't say where you are in the World ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Welcome to the forum! I don't know if you saw it on the ebookstore, but there is a fantasy download for $1 (Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks) from Orbit, and they will be doing one a month.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, enraptured, and welcome.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
Enraptured
Connoisseur
Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Hiya Enraptured. Fictionwise is also good for books - reasonably priced too - though you don't say where you are in the World ....
I'm in the USA (New Hampshire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Welcome to the forum! I don't know if you saw it on the ebookstore, but there is a fantasy download for $1 (Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks) from Orbit, and they will be doing one a month.
I've already downloaded it and started reading it; I like the book a lot so far. I'm looking forward to next month's, too, since it's by an author I've been meaning to try.
Enraptured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraptured View Post
I'm in the USA (New Hampshire)

I've already downloaded it and started reading it; I like the book a lot so far. I'm looking forward to next month's, too, since it's by an author I've been meaning to try.

I'm super excited for March- I read Karen Miller'sfirst series before it came over to the US (I had a fantasy review site) and loved it. Empress starts a new series.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote