Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Black leather cover anyone ?

PRS-3LEATHCOVB : Has anyone seen it live in the UK or in the US? I just saw a pic on Sonystyle UK, it looks good, but I can't buy from Sonystyle UK since I am in Germany and the 300 is not for sale here. Waterstones does not have it in program
M-Edge told me they will not bring their cover for the 300 very soon, so I am looking at alternatives now. I need a leather cover that closes with a strip.

Has anyone another suggestion? It doesn't have to be from Sony, but it has to protect the 300, be in leather and look nice .

aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
I'm just waiting for ANY cases that are made for the PRS-300, but I'm hoping too soon I guess. Maybe in a couple of months someone will have something (Hopefully not as expensive as Sony's cases, and much better). But hey, it's not like a lack of a good case is preventing me from enjoying it!
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Why not order one online? bol.nl for example has it.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
dax123
Connoisseur
dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Silver PRS 600, Red PRS 650, Kindle 3 WiFi (Keyboard), Kindle 4 basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Why not order one online? bol.nl for example has it.
As far as I know bol.com does not ship outside Holland. And they don't sell the cover the OP is looking for.

Last edited by dax123; 09-12-2009 at 09:02 AM.
dax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Because bol.nl delivers only in Holland, and I am in Germany, which is still in Europe, but another country altogether
Plus: they don't have the cover, the one you link to is the normal one. Which kind of defeats the purpose, I need a latch.

Stoneaudio has it in the UK, but they want a fortune for the delivery (more than for the cover) outside the UK.

Last edited by aceflor; 09-12-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I have it, it came yesterday, indeed from BOL.
It is nice, but very simple. When closed, it covers the reader exactly, looking distinguished, but the sides are left open which does not give 100% protection.
When open and folded back, it sticks out to the right about 3 cm which is ugly but it feels more pleasant then holding the naked reader, I found that I became uncomfortably conscious of the feeling I was smudging the naked back with my fingers.
All in all I'm left with slightly mixed feelings about this cover but for now I leave it in place, replacing the supplied neopropene sack.
The lack of serious protection is no big problem for me, the reader has a seperate compartment in my bag.

Last edited by dura; 09-13-2009 at 04:39 PM.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 AM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Sony leather cover for Sony 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose_Appeal View Post
I'm just waiting for ANY cases that are made for the PRS-300, but I'm hoping too soon I guess. Maybe in a couple of months someone will have something (Hopefully not as expensive as Sony's cases, and much better). But hey, it's not like a lack of a good case is preventing me from enjoying it!
Like the other covers from Sony, not the clutch case. The magnets seem a bit weak though...
For this small unit, I'd be fine with the pouch/sleeve. But I'm always worried about protecting the screen.
And it's still mobile enough.
BTW: I've pre-ordered from waterstones.com about 3 weeks ago. The cover for Sony 600 is on its way already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07229.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	35888   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07225.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	35889  

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-15-2009 at 03:51 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

The cover I mean is the shiny leather black clutch one. It is listed on the sonystyle UK as well as the Sony NL (Netherlands) site, but nowhere else. I'd love to get that one, but no one seems to sell it, or better said no one seems to ship it to Germany.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
The cover I mean is the shiny leather black clutch one. It is listed on the sonystyle UK as well as the Sony NL (Netherlands) site, but nowhere else. I'd love to get that one, but no one seems to sell it, or better said no one seems to ship it to Germany.
Do you think this clutch cover actually will give more protection than the standard sleeve? Or is it mainly about the coolness factor?
I haven't seen the clutch cover before your thread and I have to admit: It's really nice and unique.
But the leather portfolio I've purchased from Waterstones is okay as well. It's still a very compact unit.
On Wednesday I should have my Noreve cover for Cybook Opus. I'll post those pics as well.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
This one? Only in black?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PRSACCW.png
Views:	315
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	35890  
Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 AM   #11
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
How about that? http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...2/sony-prsazc3
Not as cool as the clutch cover. But still, just for transportation and then taking the reader out of it.
Or this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...se_f_Sony.html
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 AM   #12
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
This should be it: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...se_f_Sony.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_116132.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	35894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_116131.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	35895   Click image for larger version

Name:	645752.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	35896  

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-15-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #13
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Looks more like a bag/sleeve than a real cover to me.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #14
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Looks more like a bag/sleeve than a real cover to me.
It seems to be a sleeve. Main difference to the original sleeve from Sony: With Sony's standard sleeve, you insert from the top. With this "clutch case", you insert from the side.
Probably the leather is a bit more "stiff" than the neoprene sleeve.
But mainly it's the "cool factor" I guess. Looks like a leather bag, way more elegant.
I'm fine with my standard Sony cover though...
But some users state, they'd like to hold the Sony 300 in their hands, without any cover. With the clutch case, you can do that. With the standard leather cover/portfolio I certainly won't.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Aceflor do you mean this one?: http://www.sony.nl/product/rda-reade...s3leathcovl.eu .
It's PRS-3LEATHCOV
Not the same as I got, I got this one: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/elektronica/...128/index.html
Looks like a black leather succes agenda I owned long ago.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote