Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2014, 04:38 AM   #361
wikiped
wikiped began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Are you by chance running FW 3.2.0 and the "Two-fingers light control on older models" kernel is installed?
Thank you for the hint. That was indeed the problem.
Uninstalled the "two-finders" mod and everything worked just fine - thanks again.
No need to do factory-reset by the way, but on 3.2.0 the original 2-fingers-uninstall.zip needs to be modified (rename the only folder in \upgrade to: mx50-ntx).
wikiped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #362
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Is 2-finger light control exists for Kobo Glo? I can install it to my Glo and find the reason if so.
Yes, please have a look at this thread.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #363
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Whenever I install new firmware the Launcher stops working, so I have to re-install the Launcher and copy across my settings files. Is there a way to reactivate an already installed Launcher?
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:30 AM   #364
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
Whenever I install new firmware the Launcher stops working, so I have to re-install the Launcher and copy across my settings files. Is there a way to reactivate an already installed Launcher?
No
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:37 AM   #365
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
I think there is a way. Prepare a KoboRoot.tgz that contains only the etc\init.d\on-animator.sh from the KoboRoot.tgz that is provided in the Launcher package. After a FW update, copy this KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo. I did not try it myself (I think one has also to include the driver for older Touch models, if one uses the usb part).

Last edited by tshering; 04-28-2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #366
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I think there is a way. Prepare a KoboRoot.tgz that contains only the etc\init.d\on-animator.sh from the KoboRoot.tgz that is provided in the Launcher package. After a FW update, copy this KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo. I did not try it myself (I think one has also to include the driver for older Touch models, if one uses the usb part).
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind and may it try after the next FW update.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #367
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
Very new to this....but THANKS for the CoolReader and KOReader installs...I might even try the Start Menu hack. Nice to have a new toy to play with.

Honestly, these mods are the only thing that makes the Kobo attractive - too bad the manufacturer has no plans to enhance user experience by adding similar goodies.

Last edited by ipse; 05-01-2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I figured out the light issue.
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #368
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
With this new version of CoolReader footnotes are supported? It open in a new page or open a MessageBox on the screen (that will be better IMHO)?

Something is wrong with the .doc formatting using the internal style the text change size in really strange ways... disabling it the text size become equal but it is really minuscle... indeed I need to select font size 65 to have the equivalent of circa This size I don't think this is normal

Another thing why I need to enable hypenation to use kerning? It is possible to have the two things separated? It will be beneficial as not using hypenetation the reader is forced to use justification and using kerning a little of space should be reclaimed.

CBZ / CBR are not supported? I don't see them in the file manager...
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #369
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Does it work with 3.3.0 on touch? I had no chance so far.
Thank you
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #370
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

I'm sure this is a pretty basic question, but since I have not seen the answer clearly spelled out, I'll ask anyways:

If I want to upgrade the package (say from 37 to the current 39) all I have to do is copy the KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo directory and let it update after disconnecting USB.
Any settings files that I might lose? I will make a backup of the whole vlasovsoft folder before trying this, but it would be nice to know beforehand.

Cheers...
Old 05-13-2014, 05:08 AM   #371
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipse View Post
I'm sure this is a pretty basic question, but since I have not seen the answer clearly spelled out, I'll ask anyways:

If I want to upgrade the package (say from 37 to the current 39) all I have to do is copy the KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo directory and let it update after disconnecting USB.
Any settings files that I might lose? I will make a backup of the whole vlasovsoft folder before trying this, but it would be nice to know beforehand.

Cheers...
No, you can't spoil or lost your settings using this way. All the settings are stored in the *.ini files (e.g. pbchess.ini, cr3.ini). I don't provide these files in the installation package so your ini files can't be overwritten by the files from the package.

P.S. The only exception is notepad.ini.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #372
ipse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
No, you can't spoil or lost your settings using this way. All the settings are stored in the *.ini files (e.g. pbchess.ini, cr3.ini). I don't provide these files in the installation package so your ini files can't be overwritten by the files from the package.
P.S. The only exception is notepad.ini.
Excellent, thank you.
One request if I may: the Changelog is hard to find. From the (broken) Google translation of the "The e-Book Forum" I coulnd not figure out a place where I can find them.
It seems the changes in .39 are NOT related to CoolReader - in which case I probably should not upgrade.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #373
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipse View Post
Excellent, thank you.
One request if I may: the Changelog is hard to find. From the (broken) Google translation of the "The e-Book Forum" I coulnd not figure out a place where I can find them.
It seems the changes in .39 are NOT related to CoolReader - in which case I probably should not upgrade.
According to the release notes the last changes related to CoolReader are in 1.2.6.36.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #374
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I have found a bug in CoolReader: in the Kobo Aura HD the light is not controlled anymore, I've tried to put the scrollbar to max values but it remains off!
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:50 AM   #375
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

With new firmware 3.3 i have a bug :

When my Kobo turns off, i loose some books and reading place. If i connect the kobo to a pc, send any book (force a detection), old books reappears (but not reading place). But once the kobo turns off, it all starts again.
It's probably Kobolauncher related as no one without it seams have the same problem. I have one other hack installed : nightmode.

Thanks
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote