Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
tbov
tbov began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
sony prs-600

Last night I tried to turn on my sony with no response. I chatted with sony support and was advised to plug it in to the computer for 4 hrs. This morning it is still dead. It is totally blank-nothing. The ebook store or computer does not recgonize that is is even plugged in. The last time I was reading, the battery bar looked like there was a full charge, but I have been using it heavily for several days without a charge. Any advise?
tbov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
tbov

I contacted sony support again and was instructed to reset the device. At first nothing happened, but then it came on and now appears to be working again. Just an FYI if anyone else has this happen.
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I had an issue where mine stopped responding while I was in the middle of reading a book - the pages would not turn and the buttons were not working. I just activated the reset button at the bottom (the tip of your stylus will do this for anyone who wonders if they need to hunt for a pin!) and it worked again.

I think a reset is something I would try first if there were any other issues. Not sure why it happens though. Glad you got it sorted.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbov View Post
Last night I tried to turn on my sony with no response. I chatted with sony support and was advised to plug it in to the computer for 4 hrs. This morning it is still dead.
Make sure the computer doesn't go to sleep or turns off while the device is plugged.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
tbov

Thanks for all the help-it seems to be working now. I'm almost afraid to turn it off now!
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
just_kev
just_kev began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
When you have to reset the reader does it mean that books you have loaded are lost?
just_kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
Raúl
Raúl began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS600
Hi, no, they are not lost.

About losing your books. When dealing with one of the many problems I've had so far with this gadget, I was instructed by the online support to uninstall the library and reinstall it. I asked them whether I would lose my books. They said I would, but they said I could download them again from the shop any time. Anyway, I did as told, and funnily my books were still there. It's all a mystery to me.

Raúl
Raúl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_kev View Post
When you have to reset the reader does it mean that books you have loaded are lost?
No - at least not when I did it! All my books were still intact but then I only ever keep about 10 books on the machine itself as I delete them as soon as they're read.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote