Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thumbs up MobileRead kicks off this Summer with a Giveaway!

OK, gang. As prospects of languid days at the beach begin to dance in our heads, so do thoughts of all the other things that make such days so pleasant - a little chair to separate us from the torrid sand, a big hat and smooshy lotion to fend off the nastiest rays and, of course, a bunch of thrilling e-books to read on a sleek reading device.

Hence we thought, let's kick off summer together with a fabulous giveaway! With a little bit of luck, you can win a new e-book reader of your choice to stock up your beach-ready gadget bag.

The giveaway prize

An e-book reader of your choice from the following selection:
  • Amazon Kindle 2
  • Sony Reader PRS-700
  • Sony Reader PRS-505
  • Bookeen Cybook Gen3
  • Endless Ideas BeBook 1
  • Ectaco jetBook
  • Any other e-book reader in the same price range

Two restrictions apply: The winner must pick a device that is officially purchasable in his or her country and the store must accept either PayPal or international credit card as forms of payment.

Winning is simple...

First leave a comment below stating that you want to enter this giveaway. In your comment fill us in as to why it should be YOU to win the e-book reader. Then head over to the E-book devices forums and participate in discussions on the device which you would like to win. Feel free to talk about anything that is related and that could benefit others. Helping others is always smiled upon, and a definite trump card.

Down to the details:
  • You may enter only once
  • To enter, leave a comment below stating that you want to enter this giveaway. Tell us why it should be you to win the e-book device
  • Participate in our E-book devices forums
  • The giveaway begins today and ends on June 26th 2009, at 11:59 PM EDT
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing amongst the eligible entries
  • If you are chosen, you will be notified via private message. Winners must respond within seven days of the end of the giveaway. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen
  • The winner will receive, subject to local availability, one (1) Amazon Kindle 2; OR one (1) Sony Reader PRS-700; OR one (1) Sony Reader PRS-505; OR one (1) Bookeen Cybook Gen3; OR one (1) Endless Ideas BeBook 1; OR one (1) Ectaco jetBook; OR one (1) other e-book reader in the same price range

Good luck, and let the party begin!

PS: We'll have some extra surprise prizes for those who come up with the most original reasons for winning this contest.

PPS: Extra kudos to everyone who tweets about this giveaway and includes a link in their tweet!

MobileRead team members are not eligible to participate
Old 06-11-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm entering the giveaway!

Why should you pick me?

* I'm the first to post
* I have nothing better to do than read the MR forum at 2:03 AM
* I've been a good girl all year
* I participate in the forums
* I edit my posts for typos
* I play well with others and try not to rile up hornets' nests
* I'm nursing my father through a terminal illness and it'd be great to have another brand of e-reader to use at his bedside.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I am entering the giveaway.

It should be me that wins this giveaway, because
- during the previous giveaway I was complaining very loudly that it is very unfair that inly USA residents could win. Now you can show that it is not only those few privileged users that can win
- several of those devices can be legally purchased in my country. Finally!
- I have been participating on this forum for quite a long time.

By the way, is there any chance that the selection will be widened?
there is Hanlin V3, Astak devices and several devices (within price range of those you have listed) will be available for preorder by the time the prize is drawn.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-11-2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Hmm, good question. I will come back with an answer later today.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 AM   #4
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
I would like to enter. If selected, I would give my existing Sony PRS-505 to my 71-year old mother, who travels around the country with entirely too many library books.

Then again, knowing my mother, she would want the newer one. Sigh.

Gave a tweet.

Cheers.

Last edited by hackettt; 06-11-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think I should win because I need an additional device to test the books before uploading
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
Pubcrawler
Pubcrawler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Would love to have the PRS-700 so I could read in bed. integrated light = happy wife!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #7
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I should win because it has been over a year already since I stumbled upon this site and still can't make up my mind as to which reader I want. Instead, I got caught up in Unutterable Silliness.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
GuillaumeJay
Enthusiast
GuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 1
I'm entering, and I should win, because two days ago, my axim x50v, which i've been using for reading for 4 years, died on me.
In a panic attack, I bought the first available on ebay to replace it.
Then, I realized :
- that I should have thought a bit more, and buy some newfangled reader
- that the wife is not going to be happy when she'll receive the package
- that the wife is never going to let me buy a new fangled reader now, since
"You just bought one !"
"But it's because the old one failed, and i need a bigger screen"
"You should have taken more care of your thing, and I also need some bigger thing, but i'm not seeing another man here, right ?"
"Hey, i'm perfectly normal, and it's my money, which I tediously earn while you're lazying at home. ".
"I'm with the kids you makes me , sacrificing my career ! I should have listened to my mother"
"What did she say again ?"
and it's going to end in blood, tears, and divorce.

Please, save me. for the kids !

Last edited by GuillaumeJay; 06-11-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I should win, so I can finally put the matter about (backlit) transflective LCD vs e-ink to rest. It would also give me the opportunity to finally show my husband why he should get an e-ink device as well.

But, most importantly, I'll be able to show everybody, on the campings that we'll be going to, that even glances in my direction the advantages of a dedicated book reading device.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #10
Jux
Jux began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit eSlick
Well, a e-reader giveaway for folks who already own one you say? - I'm in!
If I will get additional e-reader, I could safely carry one around with me all the time. Cannot do that with the one I have, it's my only one, it's my precious ...

What if I drop it like the one in the forums ... my heart already broke when I just read about it and gave it a thought that it can happen to me.

The #1 reason I should be the winner is that one thing I hate the most is waiting. Waiting when visiting doctor, waiting when meeting starts and people are late, etc - I hate it! If I get e-reader, I would love waiting
Old 06-11-2009, 06:48 AM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I hereby submit my entry for the contest.
I would like to win the Bookeen Gen3, because I wish to offer it to my daughter who is now a member here.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 06-11-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeJay View Post
"I'm with the kids you makes me , sacrificing my career ! I should have listened to my mother"
"What did she say again ?"
"I do not know. I told you I did not listen."
Old 06-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #13
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
I should win! I have a reader but I am dying to spread the word about ebooks!! I would love to get the chance and give my reader away to my little cousin who loves everything Harry potter/twlight/lemony snicket amoung other fantasy tween authors. I give her books bc her family life kinda stinks so she escapes(=D) in her reading. With an ebook reader i could get her books in a cheaper way and her mom wont yell at her for having so many pbooks... ( my reason ain't witty... and it ain't funny... but its da trooth!! =B )

heading over Sony 505 forums.. (not that i don't go there already everyday...)

P.s. i am a twit... and i tweeted.
user: Alphapheemail (im only creative once and that's got to work for the rest of my life).

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 06-11-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: tweet
Old 06-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #14
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
I'd like to win a Bookeen Cybook Gen3 because then I could read twice as much...one eye on my current e-reader and one on the Booken Cybook Gen3. It works like that doesn't it?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM   #15
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Since the official mourning period for my sony 505 is now over and its demise - ok addmittedly at my own hands while trying to solder a previously broken connection which was caused by an earlier fall from several storie height, which the reader itself survived in exception to the aforementioned hook up to the power switch- is still wedged in my memory and I need to be consoled.
Especially since I gave my girlfriend a cybook gen3 as a birthday gift and she sorely disappointed me by really using it and not lending me the reader as every other sensible girlfriend would.
Now, after making me remember, you have caused me to cry at work like a little baby, furthering the alienation from my coworkers and and distracting me from such important duties as choosing what I wish to consume for lunch.
As I see it, you now have a moral obligation to give the reader to me

cheers,

kaas
Closed Thread