Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
James, Henry: The Author Of Beltraffio. v1. 24 July 07

I love the brooding genius of Henry James’s writing.

This novella is about the aesthetics of creation and the ambiguities that surround one’s moral precepts. James is certainly not for everyone, but I credit James’s work with renewing my interest in getting my undergraduate degree in English. I see James as the penultimate artist and a giant among 20th Century Authors.

The narcissistic, temperamental personality that James writes about is a scathing indictment of a type of disorder that he often explored in his writings. I might add that this story is not a psychological drama, but rather a drama of disease, ideas, and morality.

And, of course, these types of narcissistic personalities inhabit every known reality - however one defines that reality, whether in the world outside this Forum or in this Forum.

I hope you enjoy this.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf James, Henry - The Author Of Beltraffio.lrf (106.4 KB, 1117 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-24-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote