Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #886
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonuzzo84 View Post
Does it work for Kindle Touch too?
Yes, of course!:-)
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #887
Psywind
Brick Master
Psywind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT Android
>Try to install Duokan (k4 None Touch and k4 black)2012-11-23.18095.rtm on K4 NT
>Copy DK_System to root
>Create Enable_Diags to root
>Boot to Diags
>Enable USBnet
>Install driver on XP
>192.168.15.1 entered
>Download DuokanTool
>Run DuokanTool
>Enter SN: ****
>Select Type 1 asks for password
>Select Type 2 and nothing happens

What should I do peeps? This doesn't seem to be working. Did I bad touchy feel the wrong release?
Psywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #888
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Hello Everybody!

The English translation's done (Kindle touch/paperwhite), you can download here: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html

Pictures about Kindle Touch/Paperwhite: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/03...sites-r23.html

When you have some remarks apropose of English translation, please write your comment on the duokanhun.blogspot.hu forum!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #889
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
The English translation's done (Kindle touch/paperwhite), you can download here: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html
The link for Touch(and paperwhite) seems to be wrong. (goes to the same post)

Did you try English localisation on Touch or Paperwhite?

Last edited by thomass; 11-28-2012 at 07:53 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #890
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psywind View Post
>Try to install Duokan (k4 None Touch and k4 black)2012-11-23.18095.rtm on K4 NT
What should I do peeps? This doesn't seem to be working. Did I bad touchy feel the wrong release?
It is easier to install the latest releases:
  1. copy DK_System, ENABLE_DIAGS, diagnostic_logs and data.tar.gz to USB root
  2. restart using menu>settings>menu >restart
  3. on DIAGS screen follow: D) >D) >Q)
  4. done
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #891
Kobudera
Hungarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
The link for Touch(and paperwhite) seems to be wrong. (goes to the same post)

Did you try English localisation on Touch or Paperwhite?
Sorry, I corrected the link so you can already download the file. Work! (Test: kindle touch!)

Last edited by Kobudera; 11-28-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #892
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
@Kobudera

the link on your site
Duokan Touch/paperwhite Englosh language pack - update: 2012.11.28
only link to
http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html
not to the file

now it works
thanks
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #893
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Sorry, I corrected the link so you can already download the file. Work! (Test: kindle touch!)
Tried on my Kindle Touch. It works! (Now I can use Duokan in English)
Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #894
Kobudera
Hungarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9000RPM View Post
Duokan for Kindle Paperwhite is released. Supports jailbroken 5.2.0
Everything is in Chinese, but I have contacted its developer to offer a helping hand with a English translation. They said they will contact me once they are ready for it.
Hi!

If you notice some mistake or difference in Duokan of Kindle Touch and Paperwhite, please let me know it! I'd tested on Kindle Touch.
Work together in this project if you want.

I had been trying to contact with Duokan team but it was unsuccessful. Which email address is Duokan's developers?

Last edited by Kobudera; 11-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #895
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Hi!

If you notice some mistake or difference in Duokan of Kindle Touch and Paperwhite, please let me know it! I'd tested on Kindle Touch.
Thank you for our posts about this. I looked at the info' on your site yesterday, but I couldn't see how it could possibly work, as there was no indication to Duokan that there was a new English file, or how to point to it!

Anyway I saw today that you've updated the file & now provided the key information, i.e. the config.ini file

However, it brought up the German translation, so I modified config.ini to:

Language=2

& now we have English text

Thanks again.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #896
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
@tvjohn

if you had used Kobuderas script, it would have deleted all language-files except the english one and then the =1 is correct
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #897
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by puxxi2003 View Post
@tvjohn

if you had used Kobuderas script, it would have deleted all language-files except the english one and then the =1 is correct
Ah, I see. Thank you for pointing that out.

Not directly related to the translation, except it reminded to try Duokan's FTP server option again.
Sometimes we're in areas where there's no wifi, but I now have a "Seagate GoFlex Satellite" portable wifi HD. Unfortunately Kindle's wifi won't connect to "ad-hoc" wifi networks, but luckily Duokan is more sociable So we can now transfer (either way) books, music, photo's anywhere. As Duokan shows the usual Kindle documents folder, books transferred are usable by the native Kindle reader as well.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #898
Psywind
Brick Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
It is easier to install the latest releases:
  1. copy DK_System, ENABLE_DIAGS, diagnostic_logs and data.tar.gz to USB root
  2. restart using menu>settings>menu >restart
  3. on DIAGS screen follow: D) >D) >Q)
  4. done
Your help is much appreciated, thank you Thomass. You are a gentleman and a scholar!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #899
Psywind
Brick Master

Hello again. I must start off by saying that I really like the functions in Duokan over Amazon's OS.

However, it seems that I am having a couple issues yet, and while I was able to install Duokan and change the language to English, I cannot get a new dictionary in or install screen savers. I have followed the directions in the FAQs by creating the directory /Savers/ under DK_System in root and I added 600X800 grayscaled .png files, but the directions do not make sense to me, "In 2nd page of System Settings, press '7' key to set 'screen saver image settings." There is no 7 on page two, but there are letters. Has the interfaced been changed since the writing of the FAQs? I'm not sure what I need to do to install Screen Savers.

Additionally, it seems that there are some options under system settings that did not get translated over to English: E on page one, C and D and E (on E specifically, the selections after EPUB/MOBI), and page four which should say "Serial Number" for A and "MAC ADDRESS" for B.

But back to my other problem regarding installing a dictionary. The links are dead on the FAQs, but I have a few files that should work; so, I tried to install the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. I made the directory root\DK_System\system\dict\ and added the files with the extensions .idx, .ifo, and .dict . I restarted through settings and it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for your time.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #900
Kobudera
Hungarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psywind View Post
Hello again. I must start off by saying that I really like the functions in Duokan over Amazon's OS.

However, it seems that I am having a couple issues yet, and while I was able to install Duokan and change the language to English, I cannot get a new dictionary in or install screen savers. I have followed the directions in the FAQs by creating the directory /Savers/ under DK_System in root and I added 600X800 grayscaled .png files, but the directions do not make sense to me, "In 2nd page of System Settings, press '7' key to set 'screen saver image settings." There is no 7 on page two, but there are letters. Has the interfaced been changed since the writing of the FAQs? I'm not sure what I need to do to install Screen Savers.

Additionally, it seems that there are some options under system settings that did not get translated over to English: E on page one, C and D and E (on E specifically, the selections after EPUB/MOBI), and page four which should say "Serial Number" for A and "MAC ADDRESS" for B.

But back to my other problem regarding installing a dictionary. The links are dead on the FAQs, but I have a few files that should work; so, I tried to install the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. I made the directory root\DK_System\system\dict\ and added the files with the extensions .idx, .ifo, and .dict . I restarted through settings and it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for your time.
Hi!

The setting does not work at a dictionary.
The manner that you should use an own dictionary:
You put those three files into the folder only what belongs to your dictionary.
(H:\DK_System\xKindle\res\dict)
Delete the others from there.
Then restart your Kindle.
There is only ONE dictionary in the folder (.idx, .ifo, and .dict must be there) because the change doesn't work in Duokan.

Put the screensavers into this folder:
H:\DK_System\xKindle\res\ScreenSaver

The Duokan's English translate is out-of-date, so here is the latest:
http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf