Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Calibre recipes

Is there a thread for people to post their recipes? I was looking for one, but couldn't find one. Do you have a recipe that you want to share?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Funny you mention this, I was wondering the same thing

Last edited by Ervserver; 05-22-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/UserRecipes
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
Bubble
Enthusiast
Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
If you would like to edit existing default recipes you can find them in two places. This seems to be a older link that can be found on the first page of the topic web2lrf. And here, which is linked from the online manual.
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, it looks like not many people are sharing!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's not really true, about 60% of the existing built-in recipes come from users
Old 05-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru

Oh that's cool. The list is starting to get long. Maybe some kind of hierarchy is in order? I am having some weird issues running recipes in calibre. I can run them externally and they take less than a minute to run but inside calibre they take almost an hour. I am troubleshooting but I'll let you know if I find anything weird.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

when I get around to implementing the download scheduler, I'll add search to it, so you wont have to run through the list.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
astrodad
Guru

thanks, but can you please, pretty please, implement the command line to import into the database first? I wrote a version, but it's not coming together and i know it has problems.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Right now if you run the GUI with an argument that is a filename, it adds it to the database.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
astrodad
Guru

Right but then the program remains open. I'll see if that works, but I was hoping for some command line that I can pass meta data parameters.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre >= 0.4.66 has calibredb a full command line interface to the database
Old 06-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #13
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre >= 0.4.66 has calibredb a full command line interface to the database
Wow, that's awesome. I'll have to take a look at it. Man, these changes are coming fast and furious. Thanks again.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Error in WSJ

Kovid, I need your help again.

When running a customer WSJ profile, I get this error:
Fetching feeds...
Thu Jun 12 16:41:38 2008
0% Fetching feeds...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 61, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 42, in main
File "calibre\web\feeds\main.pyo", line 134, in run_recipe
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 472, in download
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 579, in build_index
File "calibre\web\feeds\__init__.pyo", line 188, in feeds_from_index
ValueError: too many values to unpack

I think it happens for this line of the code:
for item in soup.findAll('a', attrs={'class':'bold80'}):
a = item.find('a')
if a and a.has_key('href'):

It used to run with web2lrf, before I upgraded from libprc500 to calibre. Now it doesn's work with web2lrf nor with feeds2lrf.
My profile gets all the articles from WSJ print edition (it's different from built-in profile).

Do you see anything obvious in this code and in this error?
Thanks in advance.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

post your recipe