Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Kobo Desktop and Jetbook Libre

I got a Aluratek Libre Pro last week (because it was ridiculously cheap at a local Big Lots) and they state very clearly on their website that Kobo is their chosen ebook store, and provide directions and links on how to get the software. So I plug in the Libre Pro, start Kobo Desktop, and hit "sync". It tries to sync to the 100Mb internal memory, and can't even see the 8GB SDHC card. Sync fails, sinec there's only 10MB free space left on the internal memory.

How do I get Kobo Desktop to sync to the SDHC card?

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 01-11-2012 at 11:58 PM.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Can't help, SF, but of course you mean the Aluratek, not the jetBook, right?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Can't help, SF, but of course you mean the Aluratek, not the jetBook, right?

Duh. Of course I do. I get confused because Calibre called it a JetBook. Thanks for catching that!

If any nice and helpful moderator could see fit to edit my thread title, I'd very much appreciate that.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
My friend just received & returned an Aluratek. You don't use the Kobo desktop with that device as far as I know. You use ADE - Adobe Digital Editions to manager your books on your PC. Kobo is where it defaults to on the reader to buy your books from using Wifi.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
My friend just received & returned an Aluratek. You don't use the Kobo desktop with that device as far as I know. You use ADE - Adobe Digital Editions to manager your books on your PC. Kobo is where it defaults to on the reader to buy your books from using Wifi.
That explains a lot... but I really don't want to have to install ADE. I dislike that both libraries and others either assume I have it or want to force me to use it. I already have Kobo Desktop, Sony Reader Library and Calibre. I don't need a fourth application for ebooks.

I fore-see downloading from website and manual drag-dropping my Libre Pro's future...

(I like it, so refuse to return it. Definitely lacking in features compared to my 950, but solid as far as the "this is a book, and now we'll read it"-functionality goes. Not worth the full price of $130, but absolutely worth $47.)
Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I'm glad you like yours. She got the Air one & OMG it's a horrible little thing. Her hubby paid $50 or $60 I think it was & I don't think it's worth that nevermind the original price. It was her first ereader & she couldn't figure out how to use it.

Big clunky buttons, old cell phone like 3 letter keys, low RAM memory make it darn near impossible to connect to the Kobo bookstore & finding books was an absolute nightmare. Battery time is listed by the manufacturer as 20 hours so you know with Wifi on that means a heck of a lot less. At least you have your Sony to fall back on & just play with this one. Hopefully it's better than hers was.

Aw come on! Are you sure you don't want 4 ebook programs on your computer?? LOL
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #7
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I'm glad you like yours. She got the Air one & OMG it's a horrible little thing. Her hubby paid $50 or $60 I think it was & I don't think it's worth that nevermind the original price. It was her first ereader & she couldn't figure out how to use it.

Big clunky buttons, old cell phone like 3 letter keys, low RAM memory make it darn near impossible to connect to the Kobo bookstore & finding books was an absolute nightmare. Battery time is listed by the manufacturer as 20 hours so you know with Wifi on that means a heck of a lot less. At least you have your Sony to fall back on & just play with this one. Hopefully it's better than hers was.
I've named mine " the PIP-Boy" after the hand-held tablet-wannabe in the Fallout video games.

It's a cute little device, in a limited retro-techno kind of way. It's basically a portable page, with bookmark features, and what little it does, it does well. The screen is working out, the battery life is low compared to the 950, but I charge it every night, and it's only meant to be a back-up anyway.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
It's a cute little device, in a limited retro-techno kind of way. It's basically a portable page, with bookmark features, and what little it does, it does well. The screen is working out, the battery life is low compared to the 950, but I charge it every night, and it's only meant to be a back-up anyway.
I wish everyone here knew how good the screen of the jetBooks and the Aluratek Libre Pro are.

I think it's a shame that Ectaco is moving away from that screen.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I wish everyone here knew how good the screen of the jetBooks and the Aluratek Libre Pro are.

I think it's a shame that Ectaco is moving away from that screen.
To be honest, compared to my 950 it's average. However, for an LCD, it's spectacular. There's no glare, and the contrast is very good, and these two combined makes it very easy on the eyes.

Tags
jetbook, jetbook libre pro, libre pro