Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #23206
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Well, thank you, it might just be the thing. It has to come next to my usb-keyboard vacuumcleaner that I got for my birthday recently from my daughter.
I hope it doesn't get too hot, as I am very careful with my (Staffordshire, real bone china) silver jubilee mug of Queen Elisabeth....
Now I feel bad. I don't have any mugs with Dutch Royalty on them .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #23207
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
What you need is one of these .

Sorry to hear it Prof. It's always horrible when the kids get ill, particularly as babies. Best wishes to Lucas.

Nothing in my cup either. Some water for now, perhaps, then a glass of wine will be calling...
ohh that looks cool. The USB warmer thing.

I know Lucas will mend quickly. His teachers mentioned that two kids were sent home on Friday due to diahrrea (sp), I am guessing that is where he picked this up. Hopefully he heals fast. He seems to have a good attitude but has been fussier then normal for him.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #23208
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea, in a large, stoneware mug we got at Colonial Williamsburg.

Eavesdropping here. Good luck with Lucas' stomach. Kids bounce back fast.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #23209
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
ohh that looks cool. The USB warmer thing.
I've got a Simpsons one (not USB - direct plug-in) and it is really great for keeping a coffee (or whatever) piping hot. It's a surprise every time I take a sip and realise it is still at the perfect temperature for full enjoyment.

Hi cromag - is this your first posting in the "cup" thread? Welcome.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #23210
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home with a fussy Lucas. He is tired but fighting a nap. He did move himself from a crawl to a sitting position for the first time. So that is good. Now to figure out how to get him to drink pedialyte....
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #23211
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
(Not in my cup) An apple. (In my cup) Water.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
A book a day keeps reality away
I like that.
Quote:
Home with a fussy Lucas. He is tired but fighting a nap. He did move himself from a crawl to a sitting position for the first time. So that is good. Now to figure out how to get him to drink pedialyte....
Poor thing. I hope he feels better soon. My son wouldn't drink pedialyte and we tried the frozen sticks for him to suck on. We did get him to at least drink gatorade, although that was not the best, the Dr. said it was better than nothing.

Coffee in my cup and bottled water next to it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #23212
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
"A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down ...." or maybe honey?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #23213
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

No honey until he is one. He cannot deal with the bacteria found in honey like an adult can.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #23214
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No honey until he is one. He cannot deal with the bacteria found in honey like an adult can.
Ahhh. As I was writing it, I thought there was some stricture like that. But I don't have kids, so I wasn't sure. Well, making it into a popsicle sounds like a good idea!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #23215
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

The popsicles are great for kids. I decided to try a bottle of straight pedialite and he drank it all with no complaints. Color me surprised. He is working on a bottle of formula right now so his dinner is half pedialite, half formula. And he has been sleeping a ton. He napped for at least three hours total. normally we are lucky to get two, thirty minute naps.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #23216
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Sleeping is good when you have a cold - no matter what age you are!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #23217
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Agreed! If I can - my "cure" for coming down with a cold is 20 hours of sleep - it usually works!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #23218
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
As I was walking a ribbon of highway
I saw above me an endless skyway
I saw below me a golden valley
This land was made for you and me

I've roamed and rambled and I've followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me a voice was sounding

The sun comes shining as I was strolling
The wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The fog was lifting a voice come chanting

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSIy0wq_-8A )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Wednesday. (Is this a ridiculous was to spell a day's name?!? It really needs to be changed to wensday!) I have a steaming mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea on the table, a bowl of rice with Chinese Duck sausage mixed in, and a bowl of miso soup to go with it. Altogether, about 300 calories. I need to keep them down today (read 'today= next three weeks') to make up for yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Shame on you! Confusing Belgium with Holland!
My bad... But they are sooo close on the map!?!

Quote:
10 vacation days I have 24 and I'm complaining
You need to move to Thailand. They have about 20 national holidays (some of them are 2-3 days long, and one lasts almost a week in some areas!) and another 10 public holidays.

Quote:
bllleeeecccchhhh
Is this a technical term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Yes, I think money is the key-factor for not having cellars, as it is common for most houses in Holland and Belgium to have them. I have a huge one myself.
This comes as a complete surprise for me. I figured that the water table was too high, as in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now I feel bad. I don't have any mugs with Dutch Royalty on them .
If you'd like, I can send you a mug with my picture on it. People have been calling me a Royal Pain for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Sleeping is good. Period.
I soooo regret all the naps I didn't take as a child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Agreed! If I can - my "cure" for coming down with a cold is 20 hours of sleep - it usually works!
My wife's cure too. She get's a cold, she goes to sleep for a day or two, and wakes up healthy. She can't understand why when I get sick I don't go to bed.

Time for one more mug of tea, then it's off to walk!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #23219
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Milk in my cup.

Happy birthday, Anh! I hope that you have a wonderful year ahead of you!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #23220
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
why don't you go to bed when sick? that's just .... sick
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?