Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
residentweevil
residentweevil began at the beginning.

Device: none
A twist on the the reported 0.6.27 problem

Hi Guys -

I've been using the marvelous Calibre for some time now on my Ubuntu 8.04 system and apart from the fact that it won't recognize my Sony PRS505 on such a vintage version of Ubuntu everything else worked fine. I believe I was up to version 0.6.21.

Yesterday I decided it was probably time to update it further and now it is up to version 0.6.27 but the "libusb1" is missing (see elsewhere in this forum). Trouble is that it doesn't exist in the "Hardy" repositories.

Does anyone have any tips for reverting my copy back to say 0.6.21 so that I can carry on using this program until I eventually upgrade my Ubuntu system to the new LTS version due next year?
residentweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
0.6.28 no longer requires libusb for device detection
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
residentweevil
residentweevil began at the beginning.

Device: none
A twist on the the reported 0.6.27 problem - solved

Thanks Kovid - you're a star.
I love open software! Donation on its way in appreciation.
residentweevil is offline   Reply With Quote