Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #76
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nineteen Eighty Four
Enchantment Place
Fate Fantastic

26/50

It doesn't look like I'll make it to fifty before the end of the summer...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #77
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Four more! All paperbacks that have been mailed to various members of my book swapping group, but most are available in electronic editions. Hog Wild by Cathy Pickens, a cozy murder mystery, Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris, about a psychic who can locate dead bodies, The Three Miss Margarets by Louise Shaffer, which probably falls into the category of "women's fiction", and Shaker Run by Karen Harper, a suspenseful romance.

I'm now at 31/40 with one more week to go. It's going to be a push, but there's a long holiday weekend coming up and a car trip on the last day of the challenge. I'm going to be close if not complete.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #78
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It doesn't look like I'll make it to fifty before the end of the summer...
I suppose it depends whether you define the end of summer as 31st August or the Autumn Equinox (22 September).

Anyway - two more.

Shattered Crystals (Mia Amalia Kanner & Eve Rosenzweig Kugler)
Masterpieces (Orson Scott Card)

28/50
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #79
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I suppose it depends whether you define the end of summer as 31st August or the Autumn Equinox (22 September).
In my first post in this thread, I said "My personal goal will be 40 books between 14 June and 8 September", so for me the challenge will go through the 8th of September.

I've completed two more books: In the Company of Others by Julie Czerneda and Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. The Czerneda was 562 pages and I enjoyed every single one of them.

So, I'm now sitting at 33/40. I don't think I'll be able to read 7 books in the next 3 days, but 3-4 books is reasonable, since I'll be on the road all day on the 8th.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #80
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Hi everyone! Bad news, I won't make 50. The combination of work, summer course, moving was too much for me. I didn't do badly---I'll hit 40, no problem. But I won't make 50...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #81
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Please don't feel bad, ficbot. You did take time out to help organise our first Toronto meetup, and attend it as well - for which I am most glad..

Much Thanks - pholy
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #82
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
For a while I thought I might make 50, but then my job became unexpectedly busy, for about a week I didn't read anything and the last time I logged on here was 30th August!

I've finished 48 though, and I've made a start on 49 but I'm not half way through yet so there's no way I'll finish it today.

I've enjoyed the challenge, apart from anything else I've started keeping track of what I'm reading properly rather than periodically trying to remember what I read in the last few months.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #83
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
So, I'm now sitting at 33/40. I don't think I'll be able to read 7 books in the next 3 days, but 3-4 books is reasonable, since I'll be on the road all day on the 8th.
Today I finished reading Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber. Another paper book. I'm mailing it to a book swapping partner tomorrow. That takes me to 34/40, and I'm making major inroads on my owed-TBR stack for the book swapping group.

I'm now reading Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris, the fifth in her "Sookie Stackhouse" series. I expect to finish it tomorrow and maybe one other as I'm going to be in the car all day tomorrow. (That's why I included the 8th in my summer challenge!)
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #84
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I only made it to 17 of 25. It was good incentive though!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #85
Elsi
Wizard

Although I intended to get a lot of reading done while we hubby was driving from Dallas to Atlanta on the 8th -- instead I slept most of the way. I hadn't realized how tired I was until I kept drifting off to sleep at every opportunity.

While I finished up my personal challenge at 34/40, it was very good for me. Of those 34 books, 21 of them were paper books that I owed to members of my book swapping group.