Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #35071
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Don't forget to put some chicken on the menu!

poohbear_nc in 4...3...2...
Am I going to have to install a giant deep fryer in this thread too?

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-29-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #35072
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No, no. I think he truly resembles the remark. He also resembles dinner, although a rather meager one.

Is this the "chicken" thread now?
For some of us - every thread is the "chicken" thread .... *sigh*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #35073
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Stitchawl, I instantly noticed the below also. The yellow almost makes it appear to be glowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I like the yellow tree highlighting the pagoda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Don't forget to put some chicken on the menu!

poohbear_nc in 4...3...2...
Thanks for the reminder. I need to add chicken to the list, as not everyone likes spareribs.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #35074
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hurrying the hell up to not be late for work ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #35075
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Stitchawl, I instantly noticed the below also. The yellow almost makes it appear to be glowing.
Gosh, maybe it WAS glowing... It's a pretty holy place!

Someone asked me how I get so lucky to get these shots. The secrete? ....
Spoiler:
I go back to the same place day after day. Each day I take a few hundred pictures. I see this area every day that I go exercise walking in Kyoto, and every day I take pictures of it. I have THOUSANDS of shots of this very spot... some a few feet to the left, some a few feet to the right, some 10 meters left or right, or 50 meters, some zoomed in more, or less, with different types of filters in different combinations, experimenting with the results. Thousands. What you see is just the one I like the best.

For every one photo you see in National Geographic, you can figure the photographer shot at least 50 rolls of film...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 11-30-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #35076
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
For some of us - every thread is the "chicken" thread .... *sigh*
We could always turn this into a cannibalism thread.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #35077
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Hurrying the hell up to not be late for work ...
Well, then -- get outta here, and get going to work!

Or, alternately: hey, take your time. Work isn't going anywhere, and there's *important* nonsense here!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #35078
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Psst... Stitchawl - I live in my dream world where photos are really photos and not touched-up nor the best of the 4,000 taken.

I'm still waiting for a break in the weather so I can run my errands and crossing my fingers the rain lets up before I have to get out the sump pump.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #35079
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How dare you say my work place and the work I do there is not important ?
It's the time of the day when I can read the most, considering the amount of free time I have there.
And reading is important to me, as for the actual work, there isn't much of that over there and yeah it's not so important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Well, then -- get outta here, and get going to work!

Or, alternately: hey, take your time. Work isn't going anywhere, and there's *important* nonsense here!

Last edited by Quexos; 11-30-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #35080
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Psst... Stitchawl - I live in my dream world where photos are really photos and not touched-up nor the best of the 4,000 taken.
Dream on, my dear Dreams! The one job I'd hate to have would the photo editor for National Geographic or Vogue. Between make-up and Photoshop, there is no such thing as reality...

Stitchawl
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #35081
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Pffff.

It was busy in the store today, 115 paying customer (and quite a few that only came to ask information). That's a number we would be happy with on the busiest Saturday of the year, the one before Christmas. Experience learns that in the weeks before Christmas each Saturday will be busier than the one before so I'm afraid of what the next couple of Saturdays will be like!

If you hear a protesting, mewling sound: those are my feet expressing their pain and frustration that I'm walking or standing.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #35082
Quexos
Member Retired

Right now I'm wondering what I could do to spend my Saturday evening (apart from spending time on MR or course)
I'm staying home but I'm thinking of watching a show and later on reading a bit before sleep knocks at my door. I could if riveted in the plot of my book, pay no heed to the wanna-be interloper at my door but his persistence as well as a complex reading, eventually grants it the right to come in and sweep me away ...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #35083
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm about to start a new project.
I bought an iPhone 5 yesterday and there doesn't seem to be any docking/charging stations for sale in my area. I spent today walking around the electronics district, found a gazillion cases, a bazillion different screen protectors (I only use Zagg for everything; cameras, screens, anything they make that I can use! It works!) new cables, cable converters (they've changed from a 32-pin plug to a smaller one) but not one single docking station. I like the convenience of sitting down at my desk and just reaching out and dropping the phone into its charger. I don't want to have to use two hands to plug it in. Sooo.... I'm going to take one of the new cables with the smaller Lightning plug and make a dock/charger! I should have enough bits and pieces of wood, plastic, etc., around to cobble together something that works. It may not be pretty, but then, neither am I!

Stitchawl
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #35084
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just love my spectacle store. I have a "subscription" for new glasses every two years, for €3,00 (if you subscribe now €3.50) a month I get send a cheque every two years which will pay for my new glasses. Normally I have to pay over €200 for new glasses because I have ophthalmic astigmatism (which means that the outside edges of my glasses have to be very thick) I need extra thin glasses, but with this subscription I don't have to pay extra for that and I only pay €72.

Last week I got my cheque so today I'm going to choose new glasses. My local store is very nice because they allow me to choose my glasses today, when wearing my contact, set them aside for me and tomorrow, when I wear my old glasses I can get my eyes measured.

My last two pairs were both dark red, I think I might go for a black frame this time.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #35085
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've been obsesively following my Amazon order. Yesterday I ordered one of these, hopefully it works better than the pile of pillows I now use.

The first estimated delivery date was between 17-24 December, when it was sent last night that was changed to 7 December. It's now in Germany and if they manage to get it to the Netherlands during the night it might even be delivered tomorrow.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?