Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Thumbs up Kindle Comic Converter - Convert comics/manga to MOBI/EPUB

KCC (a.k.a. Kindle Comic Converter) is a Python app to convert comic files or folders to ePub or Panel View Mobipocket, optimizing them for ereader devices.

PROJECT HOMEPAGE

The official page for the project is http://github.com/ciromattia/kcc: here you can find the complete README, sources, open issues and such stuff.

Some words of warning
  • KCC was initally developed for Kindle but as of version 2.2 it outputs valid ePub 2.0 so despite its name, KCC is actually a comic2epub converter that every ereader owner can happily use.
  • KCC is not Amazon's Kindle Comic Creator nor is in any way endorsed by Amazon.
  • Please do not link any copyrighted material in this topic.

RELEASES

You can find last stable version on GitHub.
Binaries are always available on https://kcc.iosphe.re/.

DOCUMENTATION

Read important tips on using KCC.
Read the FAQs.

ISSUES, NEW FEATURES AND DONATIONS

If you have some problems using KCC please file an issue here.
If you can fix an open issue, fork & make a pull request.
If you want more chances an issue is fixes or your wanted feature added, consider placing a bounty!

[Direct links to PayPal deleted - MODERATOR]

CHANGELOG
See https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc

COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Ciro Mattia Gonano and Paweł Jastrzębski.
KCC is released under ISC LICENSE; see LICENSE.txt for further details.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-20-2016 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Genericize
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

reserved for future use
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
AWKCC was C# (.NET 4.0) KCC wrapper/GUI.
And it is discontinued!

AWKCC is now merged with KCC. Please use KCC 3.0+

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-26-2013 at 07:08 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Having problems creating the mobi file

No such file or directory ....C:/.../.comic.mobi

epub file is fine.

Using PC

Last edited by neonbible; 03-05-2013 at 08:26 AM.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Sauyadav
Enthusiast
Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
Its working perfectly, I tried it on a manga and navigation is now manga style as well as panel mode is also from right to left. Also landscape mode is working too. Thanks!!

PS: Got the same error as above poster on my second attempt.

PPS: Seems like problem was because archive contained files with weird characters in file-name (probably Japanese as its not displaying correctly on my laptop). Changing the names corrected it. Also it will be helpful if you can add drag & drop support for adding new files or folders.

Last edited by Sauyadav; 03-05-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Having problems creating the mobi file

No such file or directory ....C:/.../.comic.mobi

epub file is fine.
can you provide me the comic (via PM)?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found two bugs in 2.6 release. One fix is already pushed to repo. And I'm working on second one - Landscape blank-page-before-spit is still here in some cases :S

Win32 build is already recompiled with that first fix.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
can you provide me the comic (via PM)?
Sent to you, thanks.

Also noticed if the file you are adding to the list doesn't contain any spaces, it doesn't add.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Quote:
Sent to you, thanks.
on OSX it's fine, I'm going to check on Win

Quote:
Also noticed if the file you are adding to the list doesn't contain any spaces, it doesn't add.
got, it's a Windows-only issue, I'm checking later at home (only remote connection here at work, and it's not so great for debugging )

Last edited by ciromattia; 03-05-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: got error on win
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
neonbible
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
on OSX it's fine, I'm going to check on Win
I just tried on OSX and I get the same error?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Updated AWKCC post.

Also if somebody downloaded KCC Win32 version - Do that again.
I uploaded new file with important bug fixes.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
neonbible
Addict

What did you fix? I downloaded again but getting the same problems as before.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
What did you fix? I downloaded again but getting the same problems as before.
I tested your file myself. It is working here.

No idea what is wrong.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #14
neonbible
Addict

I know what the problem is. I do not have kindlegen or unrar.

I've downloaded them now, but what do I do with them?

EDIT: I just put it in the same folder and now it works! Thanks.

Last edited by neonbible; 03-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
Urado
Urado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, its working perfectly on kindle PW !
Urado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools