Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #1171
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by superium View Post
I've download an image for kindle 3.4 and kernel 3.4.

I know i could use dd command to flash the mmcblk0p after link COM and export mmc as usb .but I don't know how to flash the kernel to my k3 .

it' not included in mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys.img.gz ? then i should deel with it before or after flash mmcblk0p ?
We have a thread here about a tool called: K3Flasher.
Probably the best choice for use on the K3.

We have a huge amount of information in this Debricking sticky thread.
Which includes how to debrick a K3.

Since the kernel is not running when the flashing is done - it really doesn't matter which you do first.

But the kernel and the file system image both have to be flashed before the job is done.
The system image file does not include the kernel, but it does include the kernel's installable modules. Which is why they need to be installed as a matched pair.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #1172
superium
superium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We have a thread here about a tool called: K3Flasher.
Probably the best choice for use on the K3.

We have a huge amount of information in this Debricking sticky thread.
Which includes how to debrick a K3.

Since the kernel is not running when the flashing is done - it really doesn't matter which you do first.

But the kernel and the file system image both have to be flashed before the job is done.
The system image file does not include the kernel, but it does include the kernel's installable modules. Which is why they need to be installed as a matched pair.
Thank you very much !
I've got it,but still not clearly about the relationship between the kernel and system.it seems that the kernel is not installed to mmcblk0p ,then where does it store in ?
Will usb load model be slowner than serial port ?
superium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #1173
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by superium View Post
Thank you very much !
I've got it,but still not clearly about the relationship between the kernel and system.it seems that the kernel is not installed to mmcblk0p ,then where does it store in ?
Will usb load model be slowner than serial port ?
Hard to answer when you are not using the correct device names:
mmcblk0 : The entire flash device
mmcblk0p1 : First partition, file system for the "main" system
mmcblk0p2 : Second partition, file system for the "diags" system
mmcblk0p3 : Persistent system local storage
mmcblk0p4 : Storage that backs up the exported FAT USB storage area.

Those four partitions do not describe the entire storage area of the device, there are areas outside of the partitions where things are stored.
(like the bootstrap, the kernels, device specific and personal data, etc.)

Serial port is the slowest access.

Since you started here, the LiveCD has been updated to do this job on your K3 - and is now the recommended thing to use.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #1174
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
how update Kindle TOuch without removing duokan 2012?
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #1175
superium

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hard to answer when you are not using the correct device names:
mmcblk0 : The entire flash device
mmcblk0p1 : First partition, file system for the "main" system
mmcblk0p2 : Second partition, file system for the "diags" system
mmcblk0p3 : Persistent system local storage
mmcblk0p4 : Storage that backs up the exported FAT USB storage area.

Those four partitions do not describe the entire storage area of the device, there are areas outside of the partitions where things are stored.
(like the bootstrap, the kernels, device specific and personal data, etc.)

Serial port is the slowest access.

Since you started here, the LiveCD has been updated to do this job on your K3 - and is now the recommended thing to use.
Thanks very much !
you're kindness !
I'm sorry to type a wrong device name for not very familiy with it.
I got it now.
I'm finding a way to backup my old kernel ,because i'm fear about the process of flashing the kernel. i've got the tool called getkernels-1.4 but not work.i decide to have a try with risk.
God bless !
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #1176
superium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
how update Kindle TOuch without removing duokan 2012?
now duokan 2013 is released. you may update your device and the reinstall the lastest duokan.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #1177
superium

I've done my job ! my kindle was flashed to 3.4 successfully.
Thank you very much, KNC1 !
I flashed the rootfs by serial export usb model.it spend 12minites. (about 1MB/second, it's said that flash the rootfs by ATK will take serial hours, i don't know how long will k3flasher take.)
and then flahed the kernel with k3flasher through USB load model .it spend serial seconds.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #1178
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ixtab: Yep, it should still run /mnt/us/runme.sh at the end . (I haven't personally checked that it works, but it seems trivial enough, so it should ^^).

@kaznelson: Thanks. That should be far enough into the boot process for you to get your fingers in it either via SSH, or via the JB as eureka and ixtab said.
Hi, NiLuJe

My pw(5.3.1) was bricked because I changed AdManager-impl.jar. According to your mothed, I copy your data.stgz & my runme.sh & correct AdManager-impl.jar to pw's /mnt/us. After rebooting, data.stgz disappeared but runme.sh seem's not to work. Am I right in using data.stgz and runme.sh?
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #1179
Hitesh1
Enthusiast
Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C; Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Can this product be de-bricked ? -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindl...item1e77c03e38
Hitesh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #1180
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
HAHAHAHAHA,

Shipping: $44.95 USPS Express Mail International Flat Rate

that's a joke right?

buy a new one.

Oh... and YES.

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: YES
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #1181
Hitesh1
Enthusiast
Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitesh1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C; Kindle Paperwhite 2018
umm I'll be using a forwarding service which would cost me 20$
And the cheapest ereader here in India is Kindle (basic) for 130$ which is available for 70$ in US

Last edited by Hitesh1; 02-25-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Hitesh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #1182
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Notwithstanding the shipping costs, I have always wondered why items clearly labeled as "DEMO - NOT FOR SALE" could be resold on ebay (or anywhere else). Seems like this is a flourishing market niche, and Amazon doesn't seem to care a bit. How come?

PS: @Hitesh1: yes, you can "debrick" that device.

Last edited by ixtab; 02-25-2013 at 05:27 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #1183
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh1 View Post
umm I'll be using a forwarding service which would cost me 20$
And the cheapest ereader here in India is Kindle (basic) for 130$ which is available for 70$ in US
Fair enough... but that's like still $100 so far...

good luck on the thing then
Old 02-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #1184
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Notwithstanding the shipping costs, I have always wondered why items clearly labeled as "DEMO - NOT FOR SALE" could be resold on ebay (or anywhere else). Seems like this is a flourishing market niche, and Amazon doesn't seem to care a bit. How come?

PS: @Hitesh1: yes, you can "debrick" that device.
I the UK we have a phrase

"It says OXO on the side of buses but they don't sell gravy"

I think that applies here
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #1185
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I the UK we have a phrase

"It says OXO on the side of buses but they don't sell gravy"

I think that applies here

Ok, but then I still think that what they're doing is just not fair. Why don't they (=lab126) just allow the developer community (=us) to just do our things, but instead spit into our faces with every new firmware release?

Ah whatever, it makes no sense to complain or argue. Corporate policy decided that they have to be assholes - and they agreed.

Spoiler:

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking