Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #35086
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've been obsesively following my Amazon order. Yesterday I ordered one of these, hopefully it works better than the pile of pillows I now use.

The first estimated delivery date was between 17-24 December, when it was sent last night that was changed to 7 December. It's now in Germany and if they manage to get it to the Netherlands during the night it might even be delivered tomorrow.
I had something similar and it was like leaning up against a boulder

I am currently getting ready to go pee and go home. I spent over a half hour waiting for a new client to show up at a house, gave up and went back to the office. they just now called, an hour and a half later. they get the one finger salute
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #35087
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I had something similar and it was like leaning up against a boulder

I am currently getting ready to go pee and go home. I spent over a half hour waiting for a new client to show up at a house, gave up and went back to the office. they just now called, an hour and a half later. they get the one finger salute
On the positive side, I have one that I use every evening (though not in bed). I sit on the floor, using the bedrest pillow thing to lean against the wall. I read a book with my dog sitting on my lap or between my legs. Sitting on the floor is just something I like; and it does keep me more limber than using a sofa all the time.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #35088
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
On the positive side, I have one that I use every evening (though not in bed). I sit on the floor, using the bedrest pillow thing to lean against the wall. I read a book with my dog sitting on my lap or between my legs. Sitting on the floor is just something I like; and it does keep me more limber than using a sofa all the time.
In the living room I usually sit on the floor, in front of the gas heater. I even have a pillow to sit on. I've always done this, now mostly because my mother and sister take up the couch that is best for watching tv.

If I read the status right, DHL's wording isn't very clear, my bedrest is now out for delivery.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #35089
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking for a new heater for my bedroom. I now have an ancient fan heater, which is either on or off, and when watching or reading in bed I'm constantly getting up to switch it on or off the keep the room at a comfortable temperature. I friend advised a convector heater and the ones I found weren't that expensive and they have a thermostat.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #35090
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
There are also remote switches for the outlet -- to merely turn the device on or off from where you are. And/or loooong extension cord like things, with an on/off switch at one end.

Just a thought.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #35091
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Right now? Browsing MobileRead and munching on a few White Castles...the guys in the office are going to hate me in about 20 minutes...
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #35092
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
There are also remote switches for the outlet -- to merely turn the device on or off from where you are. And/or loooong extension cord like things, with an on/off switch at one end.

Just a thought.
Yes, that's an option, but a convector heater doesn't make any/much noise and the fan heater sounds like a small aircraft, annoying when you're watching tv. Plus, a convector heater is much faster in heating my room than the ancient fan heater will.

I've already chosen one with one of our suppliers, we have to make an order with them this weekend anyway, with a bit of luck it'll be delivered on Monday.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #35093
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've already chosen one with one of our suppliers, we have to make an order with them this weekend anyway, with a bit of luck it'll be delivered on Monday.
Here's a thought for you folks who are floor sitters... In Japan, where sitting on the floor is the norm for everyone, the most popular heaters are electric rugs! (Most homes don't come with built-in heaters.) They come in all sizes and designs, have control boxes just like electric blankets, and keep you as warm and toasty as you'd like! And as heat rises, they also serve as very effective room heaters. Completely silent, totally adjustable, some even have dual-controls for different sides of larger rugs, and are spill-proof so no worries about accidents with drinks or puppies. Panasonic makes 'em, Phillips, as do a host of others, and they are remarkably energy efficient!

Korean homes traditionally have under-floor heating installed rather than radiators or blowers. Makes it delightful when getting out of bed on frosty mornings, not having to step on ice cold floors!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #35094
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just realized that today is Saturday... Tonight is the beginning of the Jewish "Festival of Lights!" So Shabbat Shalom and Happy Hannukah to those who will be lighting the first candle of the 8-day holiday. Remember, the candles are placed right to left, but lit left to right!

Although I haven't practiced Judaism in more than 40 years, I find it interesting to note that virtually all of the Jewish holidays (with only one or two real exceptions) are 'festivals' rather than heavy, solemn occasions. A pretty happy bunch!

Stitchawl
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #35095
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just realized that today is Saturday... Tonight is the beginning of the Jewish "Festival of Lights!" So Shabbat Shalom and Happy Hannukah to those who will be lighting the first candle of the 8-day holiday....
Happy Hannukah, everyone!

And on what may not necessarily a related note, I've heard the High Holy Days are now underway in the states of Colorado and Washington.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #35096
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Anyone here 'cook' for their pets?

When I had dogs, I used to bake dog biscuits for them. No dogs now but Felicity gets some of our sashimi when we are having it for dinner. That's not cooking, I guess, just sharing. But I do know that many people actively cook meals daily for their pets. Anyone here?

Stitchawl
yes
(not sure where that quote came from)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Happy Hannukah, everyone!

And on what may not necessarily a related note, I've heard the High Holy Days are now underway in the states of Colorado and Washington.
you mean ski season?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #35097
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...you mean ski season?
Of course. What else could I possibly mean?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #35098
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
yes
you mean ski season?
Quote:
Didn't you know that those super wind-proof lighters were invented for riding on chairlifts?

Stitchawl
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #35099
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Quote:
Didn't you know that those super wind-proof lighters were invented for riding on chairlifts?

Stitchawl
I need to go check those out.

Right now I am wondering if laundry should be done today or tomorrow... guess which one I am going to decide.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #35100
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I bought a new car today. Picking it up on Wednesday so I'm looking up the various features etc...
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?