Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #34816
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've just booked my next holiday. Nothing fancy; a cottage for a week in a Landal bungalow park in January.

I plan on doing not much besides reading and watching movies (bringing my media player). It's a 4 person cottage because the three 1 person cottages were already booked so I got enough space to move around.

I'm really looking forward to going and I've already started making lists.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #34817
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
In our city, we've gone back to paper ballots.
Did you just use the P word? Irresponsible! I'm sad now... sticking my bottom lip out as far as I can.
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #34818
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got home from the NCSU School of Veterinary Medicine. Our cat Goldie has a congenital heart condition - so once a year we take her in for a complete cardiac work-up (echocardiogram, EKG, etc.) to track her condition & plan her meds -

Another year for good news - no appreciable changes/deterioration in her condition - she's active, healthy, and playing with Stella daily without showing any signs of discomfort! In fact she was so feisty this year, she came back covered with the gel used during the echo study - apparently she kept squirming to escape!

Beastly cold drizzly weather - I can't imagine what it was like for you Tom - waiting in line to vote!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #34819
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Maybe Stella is keeping her exercised!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #34820
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe Stella is keeping her exercised!
That's my theory! Goldie plays until she's had enough - and then hisses & retires to her sleeping box. And Stella respects her directions!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #34821
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I read somewhere that we Americans spend more money on Veterinary Medicine than human. Of course, that might change after the election.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #34822
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I read somewhere that we Americans spend more money on Veterinary Medicine than human. Of course, that might change after the election.

Stitchawl
Tis true! I don't want to think what I spend on my 3 furry dependents for their medical care.

But they're more than worth it ....
Old 11-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #34823
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Tis true! I don't want to think what I spend on my 3 furry dependents for their medical care.

But they're more than worth it ....
They are!
We'll suffer though a cold or a toothache for days or weeks before going to the doctors, but let our pet cough ONCE and we will cancel the Second Coming just to take them to the vet's office!

I remember listening to one of my parent's friends who was a Vet. (This was probably 35 years ago...) He was a small animal doctor in New York City. He was telling my parents that most of his daily 'patients' were in for nail clipping... Parakeet nail trim = $25, cat nail trim =$45... Remember, this was 35 years ago that people were paying him this kind of money... I'll assume that you clip your cat's nails yourself, as most of us do, and you know it only takes a minute or two... But for a Park Avenue veterinarian, it's a new Mercedes every year.

Stitchawl
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #34824
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Just got home from the NCSU School of Veterinary Medicine. Our cat Goldie has a congenital heart condition - so once a year we take her in for a complete cardiac work-up (echocardiogram, EKG, etc.) to track her condition & plan her meds -

Another year for good news - no appreciable changes/deterioration in her condition - she's active, healthy, and playing with Stella daily without showing any signs of discomfort! In fact she was so feisty this year, she came back covered with the gel used during the echo study - apparently she kept squirming to escape!

Beastly cold drizzly weather - I can't imagine what it was like for you Tom - waiting in line to vote!
Glad to hear about Goldie's good news, but her medical bills must consume quite a chunk or your budget.

As for the voting weather, my wife and I got to our polling place before 9 and had to wait outside for about 30-40 minutes (there was an equally long line inside the building), but it wasn't bad. It felt much colder at noon than it did in the morning. The main difficulty was standing for that long. I was fine for the first half hour, but I really don't do standing well.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #34825
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The main difficulty was standing for that long. I was fine for the first half hour, but I really don't do standing well.
Back? Or knees?

Stitchawl
Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #34826
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I read somewhere that we Americans spend more money on Veterinary Medicine than human....
I suspect more Sharpe household money goes for food for Norton and Crystal than it does for the rest of the family. Seriously.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #34827
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Anyone here 'cook' for their pets?

When I had dogs, I used to bake dog biscuits for them. No dogs now but Felicity gets some of our sashimi when we are having it for dinner. That's not cooking, I guess, just sharing. But I do know that many people actively cook meals daily for their pets. Anyone here?

Stitchawl
Old 11-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #34828
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Anyone here 'cook' for their pets?

When I had dogs, I used to bake dog biscuits for them. No dogs now but Felicity gets some of our sashimi when we are having it for dinner. That's not cooking, I guess, just sharing. But I do know that many people actively cook meals daily for their pets. Anyone here?

Stitchawl
Nah! Our cats don't really care for "people food" or cooked food. We rotate different "flavors" and shapes of Purina dry food products - and spice up with occasional cat treats. Goldie gets her meds in soft "meatballs" - we don't routinely feed canned food so that her meatballs are always a treat and rapidly consumed.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #34829
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
trying to decide if i should snatch up a Note 2 when one of those daily deals comes up again. but i want LTE
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #34830
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Nah! Our cats don't really care for "people food" or cooked food. We rotate different "flavors" and shapes of Purina dry food products - and spice up with occasional cat treats. Goldie gets her meds in soft "meatballs" - we don't routinely feed canned food so that her meatballs are always a treat and rapidly consumed.
Felicity won't eat most people food either, with two exceptions; raw fish and raw pork. And she only gets them once in a while. But she does get a revolving selection of canned food (Purina, of course) at night (which she comes and asks for promptly at 5pm... I should never have bought her a watch...,) and there is always a bowl full of dry food left out for her during the day. Surprisingly, she is quite thin, even with food available all day.

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?