Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
Lorraine Froggy
Lorraine Froggy began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
DB copy : where are my books?

Hello,

I have been moving my DB from my DD to a server. But my son touched my MacBook during the process.

Result : no book on the MacBook and nothing on the server and I can't repair the DB.

Could anyone tell me where are my books and my DB?

Thanks !

Lorraine
Lorraine Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Froggy View Post
Hello,

I have been moving my DB from my DD to a server. But my son touched my MacBook during the process.

Result : no book on the MacBook and nothing on the server and I can't repair the DB.

Could anyone tell me where are my books and my DB?

Thanks !

Lorraine
Search for metadata.db on your computer and server. If you find it great that should be the folder that has your files. If you were using calibre to move the files you should not have lost any data as calibre copies files first and once it is done then only deletes the originals. But if you were doing it manually then you might have problem with a broken database.
I am not a mac user so cant help more than this maybe some mac expert will chime in.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
First, do you have the option to restore from backup? If so you might want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Froggy View Post
DD???? Server????

As Dopedangel stated find the metadata.db file. This has the information about your library. Not the books, but the metadata that describe each book.

Next find your physical library. The library will be a series of folders named for each author inside your main library folder.

Calibre Library folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder

Make sure all of your folders have been copied to the new location.

Copy the metadata.db file to the root of this library

Calibre Library folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
---author folder
metadata.db

Now point calibre to this folder (in the above example Calibre Library) and you should have your library. If it looks ok and you can call up books, great. Now you might want to run Library Maintenance.

I don't have a Mac so I can't be more specific.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-19-2013 at 08:04 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
DD????
Guessing from the OP's name and the time of the post, s/he (probably she) could be French. If so, DD would be "Disque Dur", or "hard disk".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy, database, lost