Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #31
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
This is very time consuming. If you can get the characters in the tags, it would eliminate a lot of the work I have to do.
I'm working on it--but I'm remembering why I didn't before: it's a pain to do correctly. ffnet isn't easy to parse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
On another note, is it possible to change the font of the comments? I love that the summary is put into the comments, but have trouble reading it on my tablet. I have tried to bulk edit, but could not make any changes as there are no easy html tags to change. Increasing the font in the comments field while the story is downloaded would be a big help.
The comments field in calibre's metadata? I'm just shoving plain text into that w/o HTML. calibre's adding a bit of HTML around each paragraph with class="description". I wonder if one could change the def of "description" somewhere.

Jim
Old 01-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(remove reply to misfiled post)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-13-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: (remove reply to misfiled post)
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #33
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Jade Aislin - I've put up a new version (1.1.5) with parsing and recording of characters on fanfiction.net.

It will be a bit before it shows up in calibre as the latest version.

Jim
Old 01-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Wow, you're fast. I tried it and got the characters in the tags. Now I only have to take a few things from the tags and put them into my custom columns. Much easier.

Of course this means I have to sort through all the stories from different fandoms I like on FFN. . .this could take awhile.

But I am definately using your plugin. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #35
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Auto Adult

First off, amazing plugin . It really makes life easier for reading fanfics on my Nook. In fact, it was this plugin that got me to try Calibre.

Anyways, I have quite the list of fanfics now and some of them are flagged as adult material. I wanted to know if its possible to incorporate some sort of 'Yes I am an adult' setting into your plugin so I don't have to sit through the process of checking all the fics for updates and the like.
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@jackr - Glad you like it.

Regarding is_adult: Have you looked at the 'personal.ini' configuration? When you configure the plugin, at the bottom, there's a button to view the defaults for the many settings.

What you want is to add this to your personal.ini settings:
Code:
[defaults]
## Some sites also require the user to confirm they are adult for
## adult content.  In commandline version, this should go in your
## personal.ini, not defaults.ini.
is_adult:true
Looking at it, I see that it's actually not easy to pick that setting out of the defaults file--I'll make it clearer.

You can also set user/pass for different sites that require log in.

Jim
Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #37
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Red face

Thanks for the fast response! I did not look at the personal.ini . But it goes to show that if you thought of it, it's probably already covered.

This might be the wrong area for it, but is it possible to set up a column to display stats like how many new chapters have been updated, etc?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #38
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackr View Post
Thanks for the fast response! I did not look at the personal.ini . But it goes to show that if you thought of it, it's probably already covered.
I doubt we've thought of everything, but the FanFictionDownLoader part (as opposed to the plugin part) has been around for a couple years now and I've been working on it for over a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackr View Post
This might be the wrong area for it, but is it possible to set up a column to display stats like how many new chapters have been updated, etc?
It can't right now. The closest thing immediately available I know of is the Count Pages plugin. But I'm still on a learning curve with advanced calibre use myself.

Setting custom columns from a story's metadata (num chapters, words, etc) is something that could be done in future. I'll add it to the wish list.

Jim
Old 01-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I'm loving this now that characters show up in the tags for FFN. It will be nice to use the plugin for updates. I even got the last update to show up in the tags.

I realize that it puts two different formats (year/month and year/month/day), but is there a way to specify which one to use? Or a way to set the format myself, I prefer month/day/year). If there isn't, I won't worry about it. This plugin is still better than any manual input I would have to do otherwise.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #40
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Jim - Loving this plug-in! I'm an avid consumer (and sometimes author) of fanfiction and have happily used your web-based version in the past. Having it built in to Calibre is just... heavenly! If you're open to suggestion on other sites to support, I'd like to request www.dramione.org be added if/when you can. It's a small archive, but rapidly growing in both readers and stories. I'm a staff member there, and would love to be able to use this tool to help with editing and validation.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #41
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Jade Aislin - You can turn them on and off from personal.ini, but that's it. That feature's actually from one of the other developers--I keep it turned off.

@cklss - Which sites get supported depends on the size and activity of the site, how hard it would be to implement, and the interest and free time available to the developer.

http://dramione.org is smaller than we usually support, plus right now I'm concentrating on the plugin. So I'm not planning to support it.

However, FFDL is an open source project--we welcome other people contributing if you, or anyone, wants to write an adapter to support it.

Jim
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #42
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@cklss - Which sites get supported depends on the size and activity of the site, how hard it would be to implement, and the interest and free time available to the developer.

http://dramione.org is smaller than we usually support, plus right now I'm concentrating on the plugin. So I'm not planning to support it.

However, FFDL is an open source project--we welcome other people contributing if you, or anyone, wants to write an adapter to support it.

Jim
Thanks, Jim. Not at all surprised that it's too small for your attention. I'll mention it to our tech person to see if she's got time to fiddle with FFDL. Apart from clicking on the link, I honestly wouldn't know where to begin! The last "code" I wrote was probably close to thirty years ago, "programming" a bunny to print from DOS commands. HTML emphasis codes (italics, bold, etc.) are about as far as I go! LOL
Old 01-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #43
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

IMO, it's not hugely difficult. I'd suggest looking at the adapter for castlefans.org as an example.

Jim
Old 01-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #44
Jade Aislin
Groupie

Quote:
@Jade Aislin - You can turn them on and off from personal.ini, but that's it. That feature's actually from one of the other developers--I keep it turned off.
That's alright. I'm just happy it's there at all. I can work with what it gives me.

Quote:

Jim
Hmm. . .I might try to get some other sites I visit adapted, http://www.masterapprentice.org/ (a star wars site) and http://dokuga.com/fanfiction or http://dokuga.com/spark (two inuyasha sites). All of them have between 4,000 to 5,000 stories. Unfortunately, it has been over ten years since I did any programing and I had decided then that I wasn't very good at it. But I'll give that link you gave cklss a look.

Last edited by Jade Aislin; 01-14-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Jade Aislin - You'd asked about changing the appearance of the comments field:

Quote:
The comments field in calibre's metadata? I'm just shoving plain text into that w/o HTML. calibre's adding a bit of HTML around each paragraph with class="description". I wonder if one could change the def of "description" somewhere.
I happened to find where this is set while looking for something else.

The general answer is in Customizing calibre, Overriding icons, templates, etcetera.

First, find your calibre config dir by doing Prefs->Misc->Open calibre conf dir. Go into resources, make a directory templates.

Then, copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\resources\templates\book_details.cs s (or equivalent) to the templates dir you just made.

Edit your new book_details.css file and add:
Code:
.description {
    font-size: 25px;
}
...or whatever size you like.

I believe that will do it for you.

Jim
Closed Thread