Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
bluesjunior
bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lost Bookmark(Help Needed)

I had a bookmarked site which I sometimes used for freebook downloads and must have somehow deleted the bookmark I had for it. Although I can't remember the name of this site it did have a memorable front page which was a graphic of a set of wooden bookshelves with the books for downloads displayed on the shelves.
It wasn't a huge site with thousands of books but they did have some good ones in the thriller, spy adventure genres. Do any of the members here remember such a site and what it was called or even better and has a link to it?. Thanks in advance for any help.
bluesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
What are one of the books you downloaded for free? That might help to find it again.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This is the only one I know about with a graphic resembling what you described.
http://www.publicbookshelf.com/
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
bluesjunior
bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No it wasn't that one. It isn't a single bookshelf like that one but an open faced cabinet with I think four shelves. I can't remember which book(s) I downloaded from there to be honest.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You can't remember the name of the site, any portion of the url, or any of the books you downloaded from it... yet it's imperative that you find it again.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Do you have some vague idea when you visited this site last time? Maybe it's still in the cache folder of your browser?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjunior View Post
No it wasn't that one. It isn't a single bookshelf like that one but an open faced cabinet with I think four shelves. I can't remember which book(s) I downloaded from there to be honest.

Go to your browser's history.......and browse to your heart's content.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
bluesjunior

Not possible I'm afraid my browser is set to delete history every time it closes. I can't stand clutter on PC's which unfortunately for me is most likely why it got deleted/
Old 03-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
bluesjunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You can't remember the name of the site, any portion of the url, or any of the books you downloaded from it... yet it's imperative that you find it again.
Where in my OP is the word "imperative" used?. I asked for a little help, if you can't help then please don't make it appear as if I posted something untrue. Thanks awfully!!!!.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where in my OP is the word "imperative" used? I asked for a little help, if you can't help then please don't make it appear as if I posted something untrue.
So let me guess this straight: you're allowed to make assumptions about my intentions... but I get rapped on the knuckles with a ruler for including a word you never used?

[Note to Self: don't use sarcasm around newbies anymore]

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
... Although I can't remember the name of this site it did have a memorable front page which was a graphic of a set of wooden bookshelves with the books for downloads displayed on the shelves. ...
Sounds familiar.

There was a site with an appearance similar to what you describe that I visited a few times a couple of years ago. I stopped visiting the site when it appeared to be hosting pirated books. I just took a look through my bookmarks to see if I could find it and the only one it might have been is no longer active. The link goes to a general server's page. Was the site you're looking for active recently?
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Think this might be it?
http://freeread.com.au/
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I don't know if that's what the OP is looking for, but I certainly thank you for the link! There's some very lovely epub versions of Talbot Mundy's works available there (with no disrespect intended to the contributors of the same material available in MobileRead's own library).

EDIT: always check to see if stuff is actually PD in your country before downloading, of course.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-06-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #14
bluesjunior

Thank you Piperclassique, that is the one I was looking for. Consider the problem solved.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
i think it was some warzz site you found
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote