Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
B&N staff

When I went into my local B&N yesterday, they had a staff member stationed at the Nook display. I was so pleased to see that -- when I went in there a few weeks ago, I was hard pressed to find anybody who even knew anything about the Nook. This guy not only knew what he was talking about, he made a sale while I was standing there watching him. I was going to go over and talk to him, but he was giving the spiel to someone else almost immediately. And you know what -- people were INTERESTED. Love that.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
When I went into my local B&N yesterday, they had a staff member stationed at the Nook display. I was so pleased to see that -- when I went in there a few weeks ago, I was hard pressed to find anybody who even knew anything about the Nook. This guy not only knew what he was talking about, he made a sale while I was standing there watching him. I was going to go over and talk to him, but he was giving the spiel to someone else almost immediately. And you know what -- people were INTERESTED. Love that.
That's cool. I like that. Now if only they'd advertise so they could bring other potential buyers into the store.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's cool. I like that. Now if only they'd advertise so they could bring other potential buyers into the store.
+1 on that. If they ran television campaign half as aggresive as Amazon's, I truely believe the Kindle and the Nook would almost neck and neck.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I know it must be starting to look like I'm following you around agreeing with everything you say, but once again, I totally agree and hope one day before its too late, someone who counts at B&N will stop by and catch on.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote