Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your Kindle 2 or DX version 2.5?
Yes 21 26.58%
No 58 73.42%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Is your Kindle 2 or DX version 2.5?

My Kindle DX US updated right away.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I'm still waiting.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
My Kindle DX US updated right away.
That's great. Sure. Great. Would you like some fresh poo to fling at me as well? (In case you haven't guessed, I'm one of that cast of millions who've not received the 2.5 update for my K2 US.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
goblinbox
*****istratrix
goblinbox began at the beginning.

Device: K2, iThing
My K2i update happened on the 14th. (So far I'm not hugely impressed.

* Collections? Pshaw. They're just more items on the list; having to click through six pages to get to my Sci-Fi folder isn't reducing the time it takes me to locate and open an book!
* Being able to tweet is cool, I guess. We'll see if I actually use it.
* The new http://kindle.amazon.com website is cute, but isn't really providing me with a service I need.
* I'm stuck with the dead authors until someone builds a new screensaver hack.)

I was surprised; I didn't expect it until late May.
goblinbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinbox View Post
My K2i update happened on the 14th. (So far I'm not hugely impressed.

* Collections? Pshaw. They're just more items on the list; having to click through six pages to get to my Sci-Fi folder isn't reducing the time it takes me to locate and open an book!
* Being able to tweet is cool, I guess. We'll see if I actually use it.
* The new http://kindle.amazon.com website is cute, but isn't really providing me with a service I need.
* I'm stuck with the dead authors until someone builds a new screensaver hack.)

I was surprised; I didn't expect it until late May.
Oh, no. I was thinking I could reduce my 23 pages of books to 10 collections, and therefore my home page would be 1 page. You mean the books all stay on there, in addition to being in the collection?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
One updated last week...the other is still waiting.

(However, imho it's not worth getting hot and bothered over.)
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Oh, no. I was thinking I could reduce my 23 pages of books to 10 collections, and therefore my home page would be 1 page. You mean the books all stay on there, in addition to being in the collection?
No. All books that you have added to collections only display within their category when you have the sort option set to Collections. When you set the sort to anything else, you get all books PLUS all the collection names.
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
im still waiting too
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
buckm56
buckm56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Check every AM but I am still at 2.3.3. Have tried to install several of the bin post with no luck. I'll say considering how long they have had to work on some organizational options i'll a little disappointed though I still think collections will be better than what we currently. have.
buckm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I reduced 26 home pages to two - and the second page I probably didnt really need but I like it like that.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
D. B. Henson
D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Still waiting.

D.B. Henson
Deed To Death
D. B. Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Still waiting, breathlessly...
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
I reduced 69 pages down to 2, then again, I have a ton of freebies and fair amount of pokemon manga that caused those 69 pages.
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #14
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
1 DX and 2 K2s = zero updates.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:46 AM   #15
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Not unless you choose to view them that way. As I understand it, Collections is simply another category that appears at the top just as Personal Docs, Subscriptions and Books do now. Once you've assigned your books to collections that you have created, selecting "collections," (and not "books," or "all my items") will display collections only.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote