Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 12:30 PM   #1
RBraverman
Enthusiast
RBraverman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New sdCard - can't change file location

After screwing up the ebook folder, correcting it, the sdCARD went write-protect on me.
Reformatted (out of the device) a new card, and copied everything over. All seems well, but within moon reader I can not changed the file (main) location to the new card and folder - it see's the old name, not the new one.
Any ideas?
THANKS!
*********************** UPdate **************

JUST in case someone else runs into this ....

OK ... after doing everything I could think of, including re-formating the card, I uninstalled V6.9 and installed V9 - THEN the problem's solution became obvious, this version of Googles ripoff of Linux, wants permission - at the root - of the sdcard, in order to write to it, but when I switched sdCARDs the app (Moon+Reader) never asked for it and there is no way to access that setting except through "an" app.
Even when I installed V9 as an upgrade, it didn't ask, only when it was new.
Duh ...

Last edited by RBraverman; 01-28-2024 at 03:13 PM. Reason: UPDATE
RBraverman is offline   Reply With Quote