Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #16
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I tried reading a pbook the other day and found it quite uncomfortable.
I agree. I'm the opposite of those who love the feel of a book (with the exception of a fine leather bible). Don't miss paper books in the slightest.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #17
garrybuck
Connoisseur
garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kindle
I'm with you all the way except for 7 and 14.

7. I'm actually reading a much greater diversity of material since I got my Kindle.

14. I don't fight DRM. If I can read it on my Kindle, I do. If not, I just read something else.
garrybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
1. I am reading fewer paper books. YES
2. I am reading a LOT more books. YES
3. I am am spending somewhat more on books. No, but I'm getting more books because of freebies and bargains.
4. I am reading a lot more back list and out of copyright books Yes to backlist, no to OOC books.
5. I am far far more engaged in reading...spending time most every day chatting about it on the internet. YES, definitely. I'm much more involved in reading and things concerning books.
6. I watch less Tv and read more Not really, the TV is on while I read, but I do pay less attention to it.
7. I read pretty much the same types of books I always haveI still read the same types, but I've added other genres I didn't read much of before.
8. I have become far more organized about my reading, keeping track of authors and series and "what to read next" than I ever have YES
9. Publishers have nothing to fear from the effects of ebooks if I'm a normal example LOL Depends on the publisher.
10. I'm more likely to read a book from a new author than ever before thanks to free ebooks easily available YES
11. But I still pretty much read books from authors I know I like No, I branch out quite a bit.
12. I go to book stores a lot less YES
13. I go to the library less, but would engage them more once they get their ebook act together YES
14. I buy ebooks with or without DRM, but will choose DRM that has been cracked over DRM that has not DRM? Oh, that's that stuff that ceases to be relevant as soon as I get a book.
15. I value ebooks higher than physical books because I FAR prefer to read ebooks Not exactly. While I'm mostly buying ebooks, I still cherish my paper books, which largely consist of non-fiction/reference. I still purchase those types in paper form for the most part.
16. I am as willing to pay for an ebook as I was a paper book YES
I'm not awake enough to make my own list.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #19
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I already answered, but I'm itching to just fill in responses for some reason. so here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
1. I am reading fewer paper books. Definitely this. Fewer paper books.
2. I am reading a LOT more books. I wouldn't necessarily say that.
3. I am am spending somewhat more on books. Not lately, but I have spent more on fiction ebooks than I ever did on fiction pbooks
4. I am reading a lot more back list and out of copyright books Not really.
5. I am far far more engaged in reading...spending time most every day chatting about it on the internet. Reading has always been such a huge part of my life, I don't think that's changed. It's mot a case of not having to put something to hold open the book.
6. I watch less Tv and read more Nope, not this either.
7. I read pretty much the same types of books I always have Not at all. I'm reading a much larger variety of books.
8. I have become far more organized about my reading, keeping track of authors and series and "what to read next" than I ever have Not because of my ereader. I just keep track of book review requests.
9. Publishers have nothing to fear from the effects of ebooks if I'm a normal example I read mainly indie books
10. I'm more likely to read a book from a new author than ever before thanks to free ebooks easily available Most definitely.
11. But I still pretty much read books from authors I know I like Sometimes, not as much as before
12. I go to book stores a lot less I never went to bookstores all that much, but now we don't even have a book store that I can think of.
13. I go to the library less, but would engage them more once they get their ebook act together This is true, sadly.
14. I buy ebooks with or without DRM, but will choose DRM that has been cracked over DRM that has not I don't know the difference. I don't pay as much attention to DRM as I could, but most of my reading material is without.
15. I value ebooks higher than physical books because I FAR prefer to read ebooks Nope. To me a book is a book and I value a book of any sort.
16. I am as willing to pay for an ebook as I was a paper book Hmm. I supposed that is true, but I never bought many books before, unless nonfiction, reference-types of books.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #20
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I am reading a LOT more but reading no pbooks at all. I've gone from 2 books a weeks to about four. I'm carrying more books with me at any given time than I was afforded before I had something capable of reading ebooks.

I am reading a lot more back list and out of copyright books

I am far far more involved in reading...spending time most every day chatting about it on the internet.

I watch less TV and read more

I have become far more organized about my reading, keeping track of authors and series and "what to read next" than I ever have

I'm more likely to read a book from a new author than ever before thanks to free ebooks easily available

I go to book stores a lot less

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #21
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Fewer but big changes to me here.

1. Fewer paper books for me, most of them are children books and books by local authors.

2. "I am reading a LOT more books." True, too. 90% of them are ebooks.

3. I am spending much much more on ebooks. Never before did I realize that books could cost a fortune.

4. I recommend many books that I think my friends and family would like to them.

5. I used to watch TV for 3-5 hours/day. Now I hardly ever turn it on

6. "I read pretty much the same types of books I always have." Yes, still fantasy, but I prefer more young-adult books.

7. I have a to-read list now. Before I have my reader, when I wanted something to read I usually had no idea and had to ask for recommendations from friends or went to the bookstores to look.

8. I almost never brought books with me when I was out. Now I bring Kindle with me if I think there is some time to read.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote