Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #46
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Oh, yeah, I tend to fill up all my electronics just to see what the realistic limit is. I don't always leave all the stuff on them, but I have filled up my Sony's several times.

They seem to do better with at least a half gig of space left on the device. Otherwise they seem to reboot a lot.

But for my PRS-650 I use an 8 gig card, over half full, and 1 gig used in the main memory.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #47
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I was coming very close to filling my original Nook... I think I had about 25% left of the internal memory when I caved and got a memory card for it. I certainly would have had it filled at some point. I have a ton of books in PDF form on the computer that I've not yet gotten around to adding to Calibre and adding to my Nook yet. Those alone would have likely sufficed to fill the rest of the reader memory.

While the average ebook is not that large, I like some illustrated ebooks, where file sizes can get much, much larger than average. Books with photos can also be large.

I'm definitely one of those who loves the concept of having a full library on tap for reading at whim. So I probably would not consider a reader that didn't allow for memory expansion. I don't need it for music either... never use my reader for that. Just books. I read fast, I read often, I re-read.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #48
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Every time I read this this title, I keep thinking "is this a joke?" I read it as did you fill the ink in your eink reader.

I have ~ 400 books on my reader, and I delete as I read.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #49
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Until recently, I did have over 1000 books on my K3. I just went through last weekend and removed any that I've finished but forgot to remove, and reference books for work that I don't need on there any longer. I also took off some that need to be cleaned up and put back on later. Now I have just over 900. Since then I've acquired about 20 books that need to be put on there. But it's not even close to full - I have just over 2gb free.

I don't really have any problems finding what I'm looking for. I have 63 collections; the majority (about 50) are genre collections, the remainder are more prolific or favorite authors, two series, and a collection for my Kindle games. "High priority" titles are in a "Next Reads" collection, but I still jump around quite a bit if I'm in a particular mood and nothing on that list fits the bill.

I'm one of those weird "but what if I'm aaaaallll the way out on the back porch and want to read a book that's not on it?!?!" people that feels more comfortable having nearly everything on the Kindle. It's not a problem now, but if I ever get to the point where I fill the Kindle and have to carry two ereaders with me to make sure I have everything, I promise I will seek professional help.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #50
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I load all unread books onto the reader and then delete as I read. The only exception is series books; I only load the most recent one I have not read. So, if I have ten in a series and have not read any, I will load book 1 only, then later on load book 2 when I finish the first one.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert