Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-02-2022, 04:57 AM   #1
1eduard
Connoisseur
1eduard began at the beginning.

Device: none
Uploader .....?

What do they mean with UPLOADER (library/EPUB books)?
1eduard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eduard View Post
What do they mean with UPLOADER (library/EPUB books)?
My guess:
Send (submitt) to THEIR server or input queue.

You DOWNLOAD to YOUR device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to sound harsh, but the questions you ask (and asking is good ), says you are not ready to do this on your own.
Just don't get scammed by some (we can do your e-book).

This MR forum is about using Sigil to edit (touch up) your work.
There are better tools to Write (I think you ask in another topic)

Got questions about production? Ask in the MR Workshop forum
Old 06-03-2022, 05:34 AM   #4
1eduard
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sorry to sound harsh, but the questions you ask (and asking is good ), says you are not ready to do this on your own.
Just don't get scammed by some (we can do your e-book).

This MR forum is about using Sigil to edit (touch up) your work.
There are better tools to Write (I think you ask in another topic)

Got questions about production? Ask in the MR Workshop forum

Another one who wants MY money!
Old 06-03-2022, 03:01 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eduard View Post
Another one who wants MY money!
I don't do other peoples books for hire.
GIGO
You get what you pay for.
You can pay for YOUR training, by investing your time to learn to make a decent product or you can hire the job. You get ONE chance to make a first impression. If I buy a book that looks bad (erratic layout),, you can expect that Author/Publisher will NOT see my custom again.
BTW this also goes for excessive content errors. Get some folk to proof read (avoid YES Men that spare your feelings rather than critique the work in a helpful manner. )

There are tips in the Wiki that are FREE. The question is: 'What makes you more $$, Coding yourself or WRITING the content?'

FWIW When I first came to MR, I only had a hint of HTML (3.x) that I used 2 decades ago (Follow the link in my sig: don't be drinking when you look at my first attempt. Cr*p does not convey the novice quality).
The users here got me doing CSS and REGEX (I still only do basic level, but it gets the job done.)
Old 06-03-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #7
1eduard
Connoisseur

Sorry, you (the ducks) are right!
Unfortunately you're an exception

Last edited by 1eduard; 06-03-2022 at 03:24 PM.