Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #31
GlennGThater
Connoisseur
GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks Nakor. I checked, but I don't see it on Amazon. Maybe something went wrong when you posted it? It may still show up; sometimes there are delays in amazon's system.

Here's the link to The Gateway's page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-Harbin.../dp/1449569153
You also have to be logged into your Amazon.com account when you post the review or they won't accept it.

regards,
glenn
GlennGThater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #32
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
That's annoying. I checked my account and it doesn't show there either. Yet I know I was logged in when I posted it, because it asked me which version of my name I wanted to put on it, and it had the correct name. I'll retype it in a bit.

//Edit: It appears to have gone through properly this time. I'm guessing it failed because I hadn't written a review yet and had to go through the name setting process, after which it never actually submitted. D'oh.

Last edited by Nakor; 03-15-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #33
GlennGThater
Connoisseur
GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Nakor!
I really appreciate your taking the time to post a review for my book, especially since you had to post it twice. Good reviews are like gold for an author who isn't famous (yet!). Famous authors with large followings can sell tons of books every time they put out a new one, reviews notwithstanding. For those of us who haven't yet developed large followings of fans, things are a lot more challenging. In truth, it seems garnering an array of generally (or very) positive reviews is the only way to get noticed, and to attract potential readers, so as I said, each good review is gold. thanks again.
regards,
glenn g. thater
author of harbinger of doom
www.glenngthater.com
Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #34
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

I hope that you'll take advantage of the new lower prices for my Harbinger of Doom series of fantasy books on Smashwords.com that recently went into effect.

Book 1: The Gateway remains free here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4884

Book 2: The Fallen Angle has been reduced to $1.99 here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4893

Book 3: Knight Eternal has been reduced to $3.99 here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4894

If you enjoy these books, please post a review on Amazon.com! Thanks!

Glenn G. Thater
Author of Harbinger of Doom
www.glenngthater.com
Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #35
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Just downloaded The Gateway, may be a while before I get around to reading it though, but I will post a review in return once I've read it

Good luck with the ebook sales, great to see another author going the DRM free route.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #36
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Thanks, Joe.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #37
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

I'm happy to report that The Gateway has reached #2 on the Smashwords.com list of most downloaded Epic Fantasy books.
Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/cate...oads/0/any/any
The Gateway remains available as a free download from Smashwords.com here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4884

It's also available in trade paperback format for just $3.99 at Amazon.com

regards,
glenn g. thater
Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Dear Mobilereaders,

I'm happy to report that The Gateway has moved up to #69 on the Smashwords.com top 100 list of most all-time book sales.

If you haven't yet, please download your free copy here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4884

For those of you that have read and enjoyed The Gateway, please consider posting a review to Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com. Accumulating positive reviews on major book sites is the only way for books to get noticed by most readers. If you can, please lend your support. thanks and regards,

glenn g. thater
www.glenngthater.com
Old 07-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #39
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Moved to the new Author Self-Promotions forum.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #40
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Greetings Mobilereaders,

Since many of you have downloaded the free copy of The Gateway - Book 1 of my fantasy series, Harbinger of Doom, I wanted to let you know that the other books in the series are currently on sale for 50% off.

The Fallen Angle - Book 2 of Harbinger of Doom is on sale at Smashwords.com for 50% off for the remainder of July 2010. The original prices is $2.99 - get it now (using coupon code SWS50 for $1.50! Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4893

Knight Eternal - Book 3 of Harbinger of Doom is also on sale at Smashwords.com for 50% off for the remainder of July 2010. Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4894

The Gateway - Book 1 of Harbinger of Doom is still FREE on Smashwords. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4884

regards,
glenn g. thater
author of Harbinger of Doom
www.glenngthater.com
Old 07-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #41
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Below is a recent 5* review of my work posted to Amazon.com.

"The author, Glenn G. Thater, wrote this story based on 1200-year old documents about an enigmatic character, Lord Angle Theta, and his epic journeys and battles. There is even evidence dating all the way back to 2600 B.C. that speaks to the Angle Theta lore. The author has updated this lost tale into the fantasy novel Knight Eternal. It is a battle of good vs. evil in a time of gnomes, elves & knights, and sword & sorcery. Terrible evil has befallen a vast land, creeping into places everywhere - seen and unseen - and corrupting countless people. A cadre of souls sets out to save a comrade after a merciless attack, restore justice and stability, and exact revenge.

Like his first book, Harbinger of Doom (made up of two stories - The Gateway & The Fallen Angle), this is, in my opinion, truly excellent fantasy literature. Many of the themes will be be familiar to fans of the fantasy genre, but it's possible that's because the ancient lore these books are derived from predates many other fantasy stories. Perhaps the intriguing and highly entertaining stories of the intensely mysterious and powerful Angle Theta were amongst of the original sources of inspiration for these later tales. It is obvious to me the appeal of these tales and why they lived on.

I am not exaggerating when I say that excellence is in every part of this book - from the dialogue, the settings, the pacing, the plot, to the overall feel of the story. There is not one word that is extraneous or out of place, there is never any place where I wish there had been more description, or better description, better flow, or more excitement. The characters are all clearly drawn out with palpable presences and personalities - my two faves are Ob the Gnome, and Lord Angle Theta, who continuously simmers with nearly unmatched power, danger, and deep mystery. The dialogue is crisp & witty, humorous at times, and always meaningful. The stakes are high and the journey is wild and unpredictable. The story is perfectly put together and, I think, should be read by every fan of the fantasy genre - I mean this all sincerely. It is a classic in the making.

***Possible spoiler alerts - next paragraph only***

What is really surprising & completely refreshing is that near the end of the book, the story is switched over to the bad guys' point of view, and absolutely everything is upended. The reader is then left questioning if they have it backwards, maybe those are actually the good guys (though ultimately, everyone does bad things, no one is blame-free, but everything seems to have solid motivations). This sets this book (and its predecessors) apart from most other stories. It is revelatory, and so incredibly well done, I am enthralled by it. I am not sure who the good guys are, plus there are many shades of grey, and what an agonizing treat for the reader that is. The possibilities this leaves are so tantalizing that I have never wanted to read a sequel so bad. Ever!

***End spoiler alerts***

One thing is important to mention - the story ends suddenly, very suddenly. It really is the first half of a full story. I didn't realize this about the book, there were pages left, but they turned out to be the glossary, so it caught me by surprise. I dearly hope the next instalment will be released post haste!

To wrap it up, Knight Eternal is brilliant storytelling in every possible way. So much so, that I want to read every single tale about Angle Theta that has ever existed. Highly recommended!"

Rai Aren, co-author of the award-winning mystery novel Secret of the Sands
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #42
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery, all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed our dreams. And his outre realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.
Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming - the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.
But no man, not even our greatest heroes, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.
Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man's mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

The Harbinger of Doom Saga
Book 1: The Gateway (.99 cents on kindle; $3.99 paperback)
http://www.amazon.com/GATEWAY-Harbin.../dp/B0017H1LCQ

Book 2: The Fallen Angle ($2.99 kindle)
http://www.amazon.com/FALLEN-ANGLE-H.../dp/B0018G55BY

Book 3: Knight Eternal
http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Eternal.../dp/B002TG4NN8
Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

regards,
glenn g. thater
Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #43
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Nice looking covers. Hope you do well with this series
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #44
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Thanks, Valmore. The Harbinger of Doom series is doing very well so far, and i've several more books for the series in the works. BTW - I like your cover for Forbidden the Stars a lot too.
regards,
glenn g. thater
Old 09-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #45
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

I’m happy to report that this week the Harbinger of Doom saga books have past 5,000 sales!

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery; all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit. Until the day the Gateway opened and the Lords of Nifleheim claimed our world for their own.Only Theta foresees the end coming, but not even our greatest hero can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen and devour us from within, unseen, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late. Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Sony, Apple IPAD store, etc.
Book 1: The Gateway (.99 cents on Kindle)
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
Book 3: Knight Eternal
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

Tags
epic fantasy, fantasy, sword and sorcery