Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
EPUB autogenerated TOC

The latest version of calibre is grabbing all links in a Mobi ebook and adding them to the external TOC. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing this before. This includes the external links to webpages.

How do I get it to stop doing this? Clicking "Do not add detected chapters to the TOC" doesn't work, nor does setting "Number of links to add to TOC" to zero.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--max-toc-links=0
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
--max-toc-links=0
And I put this where, exactly? If I put it in the XPath window, the conversion crashes. Here:

Quote:
Job: **Convert book: Diamonds in the Sky**
**tuple**: ('TypeError', u"'bool' object is not iterable")
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 957, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 915, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 177, in any2epub
File "contextlib.pyo", line 34, in __exit__
File "contextlib.pyo", line 113, in nested
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 177, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 409, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 243, in parse_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 122, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 592, in detect_chapters
TypeError: 'bool' object is not iterable

**Log**:
Exploding MOBI file: c:\docume~1\nathan~1\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.142 _feuqw9.prc
Creating EPUB file...
[DEBUG] Processing HTMLFile:0:a:c:\docume~1\nathan~1\locals~1\temp\ca libre_0.4.142_j9x9bm_any2epub2\Diamonds_in_the_Sky .html...
[INFO] Parsing temp\calibre_0.4.142_j9x9bm_any2epub2\Diamonds_in_ the_Sky.html
('TypeError', u"'bool' object is not iterable")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 957, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 915, in work
File "contextlib.pyo", line 34, in __exit__
File "contextlib.pyo", line 113, in nested
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 409, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 243, in parse_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 122, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 592, in detect_chapters
TypeError: 'bool' object is not iterable

And I still have copies created with .4.141. They don't have exhibit this bug.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

umm there's an option labeled number of links to add to table of contents
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
umm there's an option labeled number of links to add to table of contents
That doesn't work, and I said so in my first post. I also just tried it again. It still doesn't work. Please see the attached Epub file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Diamonds in the Sky - Mike, Brotherton,_24.epub (324.5 KB, 265 views)
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The EPUB file isn't any use, I need the source file you used for the conversion
Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
The EPUB file isn't any use, I need the source file you used for the conversion
You could use the Mobi file I uploaded for the other bug, but I attached the one I used for this.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Diamands in the Sky.prc (415.2 KB, 226 views)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Will be fixed in next release
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

ePub TOCs still broken

When converting HTML to ePub, the TOC entries all point to page 1.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

With what epub file?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
With what epub file?
??? I'm not sure I understand your question, but any html files that I convert to ePUB format using Calibre create a TOC with all the TOC links pointing to page 1. If I convert the same html files to Mobi using Calibre, the TOC is correct.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Open a ticket and attach one of these html files alongwith whatever setting you used to create the TOC
Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
WayneD
Enthusiast
WayneD began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone + PRS-505
I have seen the issue with the TOC links all pointing to the first page as well. I've looked at the source file, and figured out that the issue is the Xpath chapter mark setting: when I set that option to "none", the issue is avoided.

When I looked at the source of my book, I see that there is a wrapping div that has the id that the link is expecting to use. (There is a page-break before this div in the css, btw.) However, when the chapter-mark setting is set to "page-break", it dumps the wrapping div that comes before the chapter header, but does not make a note that the lost ID is needed for a link.
WayneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneD View Post
I have seen the issue with the TOC links all pointing to the first page as well. I've looked at the source file, and figured out that the issue is the Xpath chapter mark setting: when I set that option to "none", the issue is avoided.

When I looked at the source of my book, I see that there is a wrapping div that has the id that the link is expecting to use. (There is a page-break before this div in the css, btw.) However, when the chapter-mark setting is set to "page-break", it dumps the wrapping div that comes before the chapter header, but does not make a note that the lost ID is needed for a link.
Sounds like a bug, I'd appreciate a test case.