Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM   #1
ApanKoro
ApanKoro began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Orizon
Imported ePub book error

Hi!
I just got a used Orizon and wanted to import an ePub book.
It shows up in the Library, but when i click the book it says "Error: Problem when opening this file".

What is going on?
ApanKoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:20 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApanKoro View Post
Hi!
I just got a used Orizon and wanted to import an ePub book.
It shows up in the Library, but when i click the book it says "Error: Problem when opening this file".

What is going on?
Maybe the ePub has too many errors. Check it with epubcheck.

What is the eBook and where did it come from? Was it originally an ePub?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2023, 05:26 PM   #3
ApanKoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe the ePub has too many errors. Check it with epubcheck.

What is the eBook and where did it come from? Was it originally an ePub?
It's a book i bought from Kobo Books. My old eBook (PocketBook) broke down so this Bookeen Orizon is a new eBook and I thought I could just move the book over to.
Is there a difference between ePub from one seller and others? I figured ePub is ePub and since Orizon seems able to handle ePub it should be no problem.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:29 PM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Most Kobo book have Adobe DRM. Have you put your Adobe DRM account info into the new ereader?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:49 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Most Kobo book have Adobe DRM. Have you put your Adobe DRM account info into the new ereader?
That would do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 AM   #6
ApanKoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Didn't know this was a thing! Gonna try to do that, and hope it works!
Thanks!