Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I've finished the first book and am looking forward to the second, third, fourth . . .

There is a great deal of character-driven humor, which I like a lot. And the feel of Wyoming really comes across.

Haven't started watching the series yet because my husband is on book 3 and doesn't want any of the plots "ruined" for him by TV before he finishes all the books! I do not agree with him on this. "Um-hmm. Yes, it is so."

Have to agree about Lou Diamond Phillips. However, the character he plays has some awkward dialogue in the book, so maybe he has some excuse. No contractions! Egad, what a hampering character trait! Still, gotta love the Bear!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Not bad, not great, but not bad. I've watched two of them now. The casting is good, but some of the plotting appears to be from someone who is not that familiar with the west.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just want to say two things:

1. Having watched the first two episodes, I think Lou Diamond Phillips is quite good as Henry Standing Bear!

2. The books seem to be getting better as I read farther into the series.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #19
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Finished book one last night and probably won't see the TV episodes. After a slow start the book picked up and in the end I gave it 5 stars. Agency pricing on the books makes me hesitate to purchase many more (all are more expensive than paperback and sometimes *much* more expensive), but I'll probably at least pick up the second book.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
I have seen the series and thought it was not bad at all. I bought one of the books but can someone tell me which is the first in the series. I have read so many series starting with the last one first that it would be nice for a change to start with the first book.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
The Cold Dish is the first in the series
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
The Cold Dish is the first in the series
Thanks so much that is the one I bought. Will be starting at the beginning Yahoo
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #23
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
The newest Longmire book, A Serpent's Tooth, is due out April 23,2013
http://www.amazon.com/Serpents-Tooth...SIN=067002645X

Also, December 4,2012 there will be a book of 4 short stories released, Christmas in Absaroka County: Walt Longmire Christmas Stories.
http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Absa...SIN=B00AAQNRY0
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #24
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I've never heard of the author or the series before. I read the books' product descriptions and it seems like the sort of books I like to read. I've put The Cold Dish on my wishlist. The eighth book in the series Divorce Horse is a novella, right?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #25
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Correct, it is a Novella.
Apache
Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #26
take2teach
take2teach began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Definitely one of my favorite writers in the genre. Characterizations are tops and I do love the literary allusions.
take2teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #27
Apache
Readaholic

Christmas in Absaroka County: Walt Longmire Christmas Stories
released today and available at Amazon and B&N.
Apache
Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #28
Filark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Christmas in Absaroka County: Walt Longmire Christmas Stories
released today and available at Amazon and B&N.
Apache
Thanks, Apache! I might have missed it, which would be sad. I've read them all up to now!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
Apache
Readaholic

The newest book in the series, A Serpent's Tooth, was released Tuesday. So far it is very good.
Apache
Old 06-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've recently discovered the tv series and watched the first season within a week. Now I have to start the book series, of course.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote