Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
0.7.44 Problem with national chars while converting to epub

Since I updated to 0.7.44 version of Calibre the converting books will not convert national characters (polish in my case) correctly... I use English GUI settings and UTF-8 encoding in the conversion settings as I used to previously...

Before the update the conversting worked perfectly with the settings, without any changes from me except the updating to 0.7.44. Now it replaces the national characters incorectly while RTF -> EPUB conversion...

After I uninstalled 0.7.44 and downgraded to 0.7.43 the conversion works like previously - as it is supposed to.

So I guess there is a problem with the latest (0.7.44) version...

Last edited by AdamV; 02-06-2011 at 12:20 PM.
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You haven't provided much informat - the formats you're working with would be helpful.
You tested each version with the exact same book? If so this sounds like a regression. You should open a bug with an example attached at bugs.calibre-ebook.com.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

i think I stated the formats: RTF -> EPUB

and yes, the same documents (plural) conversion worked fine with 0.7.43 and earlier versions while not using 0.7.44

i'll try to make some time to post it as a bug, just wanted to let Kovid know about the issue here...
Old 02-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

If it's RTF, open the file in Microsoft word and save it as filtered html. Then import the html to Calibre.

Note there is another post that was posted at the same time as yours with the exact same problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120127

See there for more detail.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
AdamV
*Censored*

what I mean is the problem occurs ONLY in 0.7.44 - all previous versions of Calibre worked fine with THE SAME documents I have problems in 0.7.44

after I downgraded back to 0.7.43 the problem was gone so I assume it's solely 0.7.44 version issue... the version number is not specified in the thread mentioned above...
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
ldolse
Wizard

The RTF plugin has seen a lot of changes recently, and work is still on-going. It was noted in the release notes some time back that this could cause regressions. If you have a file which no longer works, open a bug with the file - bugs.calibre-ebook.com. I expect it could get resolved quickly if a working test case is provided.

Outside of providing the developers with a file that demonstrates the problem, your only other option is to use MS Word to create filtered html.