Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #61
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
pkbo: thanks for all the development on this CR3 reader. is amazing. Do you have in your plans to include notes taking function?

Implementing note taking will be for to change fbreader as default to cr3!! thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Please check version v0.0.4-6
PB 301, 360
For PRO series
It should restore old correct behavior concerning italics
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #62
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Most probably this is a bug. I will try to find out what is wrong.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do it. You will have to modify share/cr3/skin/cr3skin.xml file. You need to specify font name in the window element with id="dict" and in menu element with id="dict-list"
Code:
  <window id="dict" size="100%, 33%">
        <client>
            <background color="#FFFFFF"/>
            <border widths="8,8,8,8"/>
            <text color="#000000" face="Specify font here" size="26" bold="false" italic="false" valign="center" halign="center"/>
        </client>
  </window>

<menu id="dict-list"...>
        <value>
            <text color="#000000" face="Specify font here" size="24" bold="false" italic="true" valign="center" halign="left"/>
        </value>
 </menu>
Thank you, that's great!
I love how so much is configurable, even if you have to edit an xml file to do it.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #63
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Please check version v0.0.4-6
PB 301, 360
For PRO series
It should restore old correct behavior concerning italics
thank you so much!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #64
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Thank you, that's great!
I love how so much is configurable, even if you have to edit an xml file to do it.
a lot of useful tips are available here, mantained by the user biv_sumy from the Russian forum.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #65
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

@pkbo

thanks! I installed all ok!. Hey CR boot logo is not working, that do not take functionality, but looks very nice as part of your job!!

ps: notes please
Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #66
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Hey experts,
I copies the .app file (0.0.4.6) and the crs folder to system (bin and share). What else should I do to have the "open with" options in PB 602. Now for the chm, epub, txt files, etc., there is still only one application to open them.
Do I need to "Add cr3.app to epub and fb2 in /system/config/extentions.cfg" to make the app work? How do I do it?
Thank you
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #67
skydive
Addict

thats exactly right. You have to add on extensions.cfg file. Connect via usb the pb602 and find the file. Just double click the file and it will open a text editor (I am running Windows 7) and edit like the example below. IF you want to keep the other apps to read, just add cr3.app only in this format.

DE CAREFUL EDITING THIS FILE OR YOU END UP ASKING FOR THE FULL FILE HERE IN THE FORUM, but we will help you
example:

fb2:@FB2_file:1:cr3.app, fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3.app,fbreader180.app,fbreader .app:ICON_EPUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Hey experts,
I copies the .app file (0.0.4.6) and the crs folder to system (bin and share). What else should I do to have the "open with" options in PB 602. Now for the chm, epub, txt files, etc., there is still only one application to open them.
Do I need to "Add cr3.app to epub and fb2 in /system/config/extentions.cfg" to make the app work? How do I do it?
Thank you

Last edited by skydive; 05-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #68
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
thats exactly right. You have to add on extensions.cfg file. Connect via usb the pb602 and find the file. Just double click the file and it will open a text editor (I am running Windows 7) and edit like the example below. IF you want to keep the other apps to read, just add cr3.app only in this format.

DE CAREFUL EDITING THIS FILE OR YOU END UP ASKING FOR THE FULL FILE HERE IN THE FORUM, but we will help you
example:

fb2:@FB2_file:1:cr3.app, fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3.app,fbreader180.app,fbreader .app:ICON_EPUB
Thank you, skydive,

I edited the file. Since I deleted fbreader after installing fbreader180 (my fbreader.app), my configuration looks like the following and it works!

djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer-both.app,djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_FB2
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB
chm:@CHM_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_CHM
txt:@TXT_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_RTF
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTML
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TCR

The good news is I now can open those chm files that can't be opened by fbreader -- that was one reason I wanted to try Coolreader in the first place. The bad news is after I set Arial Unicode MS as the default fonts, Chinese characters still don't display properly. With fbreader I can read Chinese using Arial Unicode MS (I heard it is the most complete font package).

English displays properly in Coolreader.

What else should I do?

BTW: there seems to be a bug in CRS. After highlighting the end note number/link, I press the central button but it won't go to the end note.

Last edited by jshzh; 05-24-2011 at 01:42 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #69
skydive
Addict

Glad you fix it! I do not know about the fonts! sorry!, regarding the CR3 notes bug, I rarely use the end notes, but probably some bad formatting fro the original book source.

Keep diging in this forum, there is a lot a people here willing to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Thank you, skydive,

I edited the file. Since I deleted fbreader after installing fbreader180 (my fbreader.app), my configuration looks like the following and it works!

djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer-both.app,djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_FB2
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB
chm:@CHM_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_CHM
txt:@TXT_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_RTF
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTML
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TCR

The good news is I now can open those chm files that can't be opened by fbreader -- that was one reason I wanted to try Coolreader in the first place. The bad news is after I set Arial Unicode MS as the default fonts, Chinese characters still don't display properly. With fbreader I can read Chinese using Arial Unicode MS (I heard it is the most complete font package).

English displays properly in Coolreader.

What else should I do?

BTW: there seems to be a bug in CRS. After highlighting the end note number/link, I press the central button but it won't go to the end note.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #70
skydive
Addict

@pkbo

Nothing about notes? long time not hear from you about cr3....

keep us posted with your work and thanks!!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #71
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Nothing about notes?
Unfortunately yes it's nothing. I’m a little busy right now; I hope to have some spare time on next weekend. And I will work on notes support then.

Last edited by pkbo; 06-06-2011 at 01:25 PM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #72
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
New Version 0.0.4-7 now available:

for 60x/90x/360+ :
http://narod.ru/disk/15182780001/pkb...0.4-7.zip.html

for 3xx:
http://narod.ru/disk/15182703001/pkb...0.4-7.zip.html

List of changes (according to pkbo):
1. Updated version of the engine to the extreme
2. The algorithm works with font sizes.

Thanks again, pkbo!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #73
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post

for 60x/90x/360+ :

for 3xx:

Thanks again, pkbo!
Yay!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #74
skydive
Addict

Hey WElcome back!!! No problem, we are here wating and testing

thanks

Quote:
Unfortunately yes it's nothing. I’m a little busy right now; I hope to have some spare time on next weekend. And I will work on notes support then.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #75
skydive
Addict

thanks!!! I installed and is working flawless. is fast! also, I open a CHM file and works fine. I notice some ghosting and some images have a bit of ghosting. But, there is a HUGE improvement for ealier version regarding images!!! as the list of changes "is working to the extreme"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post

for 60x/90x/360+ :

for 3xx:

Thanks again, pkbo!