Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
IntegrityWolf
^_^
IntegrityWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch (Wi-Fi)
Kindle 1 not connecting to the internet/downloading at all...help!

Okay, so over the past week, I've been unable to access the internet (to read news, browse store) or download content. I have no idea what's going on here.

I have a Kindle (1st gen) with software 1.2. It's registered and I have restarted it many times. I also have perfect wireless signal in this area.

What can I do?
IntegrityWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityWolf View Post
Okay, so over the past week, I've been unable to access the internet (to read news, browse store) or download content. I have no idea what's going on here.

I have a Kindle (1st gen) with software 1.2. It's registered and I have restarted it many times. I also have perfect wireless signal in this area.

What can I do?

Call kindle support immediately. They will walk you thru steps to find out the problem. If its defective, you'll get a new one.

Go here, look on the right hand side, click on "contact us".

You'll have to sign in to your account, then enter your phone
number, and someone will call you back.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470

Let us know what you find out.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 06-29-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: forgot link
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
IntegrityWolf
^_^

Oh my goodness! My Kindle...defective? Oh no.

I am waiting on the phone for someone to answer their customer service line so we'll see.

Do you think wireless connectivity is an issue easily solveable? Like, have people encountered this before and they've just had to fiddle with the settings or something?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
IntegrityWolf
^_^

Okay I just got off the phone with the Kindle tech guy.

There was something wrong on their end but it's fixed now! Very happy!
Kindle support is the BEST support I've ever dealt with. They are so polite, patient, and helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Absolutely. Thats a major selling points with Kindles, the Amazon customer service.

Glad you got the problem fixed.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert