Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Problems with installing Calibre, Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty AMD_64 with PRS-500

I have been trying to install Calibre on my desktop under Ubuntu, 7.10 AMD_64 so that I don't have to dual boot into windows as often. Everything works well until I get to the postinstall when I get the following errors.

>Trying to setup udev rules...
* Restarting Hardware abstraction layer hald [ OK ]
/bin/sh: udevadm: not found
Setting up bash completion... failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/linux.py", line 156, in setup_completion
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fontTools.ttLib
Setting up desktop integration...
Installing MAN pages...
help2man: can't get `--help' info from lrf-meta
Unable to create MAN page for lrf-meta
help2man: can't get `--help' info from opf-meta
Unable to create MAN page for opf-meta
help2man: can't get `--help' info from txt2lrf
... all of these fail with the errors above

Unable to create MAN page for calibredb
WARNING: You need PyQt >= 4.3.1 for the GUI. You have 4.3
You may experience crashes or other strange behavior.

I have seen in another post that the 4.3.1 error is not a showstopper, but the earlier error seems to be so. If i run the prs500 command the computer talks to the reader without difficulty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have reached the limits of my ability to figure this out.

Thanks,
Devin
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run
Code:
sudo easy_install TTFQuery
Then rerun the install
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Thanks so much! That completely fixed the problem!

Devin
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amd_64, calibre, gutsy, prs-500, ubuntu 7.10