Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #31
itfs
itfs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I just tested this on my Paperwhite 2 and had no problems with highlighting Hebrew words.
Most likely there's a problem with the encoding of the original Hebrew text and/or the azw3 conversion.
Try to highlight words in my test file. If it works, there's something wrong with your file or, if you used Calibre to generate your azw3 file, maybe it's a Calibre bug. (I used Kindle Previewer/KindleGen to create my test file.)

Did the words that you tried to highlight end in one of the 5 Hebrew letters that have a special final form, e.g. ץ?
If so, maybe the word contained an invisible Unicode character before the last letter.
It works now. In fact the problem was in the html source file. I thought I could simply add dir="rtl" to the body. But I also had to wrap the text in a paragraph with text-align: right;
Thank you so much for your help. Have been trying to solve this for a long time now.
itfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But is there a way to have RTL and full justification?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
hebrew, kindle, rtl