Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
cpina
Enthusiast
cpina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mendeley plugin - thoughts? users?

Hi,

Last week I did working prototype: a plugin for Calibre to get PDF from Mendeley Desktop software.

I've seen that Mendeley has been mentioned here (I'm a new Calibre user).

Any interested Mendeley users?

My first prototype: a button in Calibre that imports all the documents that are in a specific Mendeley folder (using Mendeley OAPI).

I may fix, improve and release, especially if someone would find useful :-)

Regards,
cpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

It seems that Mendeley is not very popular over there. Personally, I would be interested in such a plugin.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
livia
livia began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
I would be interested too!
livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
cpina
Enthusiast

Good, I'll try to polish what I have and post here an update :-)
Probably should say it in some Mendeley forums too... :-)
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
sunnyace
sunnyace began at the beginning.

I would be interested as well. Thanks for your efforts!
sunnyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
cpina
Enthusiast

I'm doing good progress :-) I'll say something here when I can upload a version that could work in different computers (I'd like to test on Windows before I upload it here...).
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
cpina
Enthusiast

Hello,

I've finished the first version (0.0.1). You can download from: http://pinux.info/calibre/mendeley-0.0.1.zip.

Could someone give a test (I've already tried on Linux, Windows and Mac, but you know...) and let me know if it works?.

It will download the documents in your "calibre" folder from Mendeley and tag as "Mendeley". If you move documents using Mendeley Desktop please remind to press "Sync" (perhaps I should add a warning).
Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
cpina
Enthusiast

Better use this one: http://pinux.info/calibre/mendeley-0.0.2.zip (downloading 0.0.1 will download 0.0.2 as it is now, quick fix just in case someone doesn't see this message :-) )
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #9
livia

Hi!
Sorry if I come to you only now... I tried on windows 7 and mac. In both, once I press the "import" button, the process is almost instantaneous but I can't find any new file. Where can I check if something happened?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #10
cpina
Enthusiast

livia: I'll have a look today later on or during the weekend.

Regards,
Old 03-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
livia

Hi, sorry it works!! I didn't notice that I had to create a "calibre" folder in Mendeley!
The documents just show all up as if they were published in "Jan 101".
One thing I'd really love would be to have my Mendeley keywords as tags in Calibre, maybe that would be useful also for somebody else.
Anyway, thank you for the plugin, I think I'll integrate it in my workflow!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
cpina
Enthusiast

Oh Livia, good that it worked!

I'll add something in the next version: if the Calibre folder in Mendeley is not found: it should tell to the users :-)

I think that I did that the documents are tagged as "Mendeley" in Calibre. I'm pretty sure, if it's not working and I can reproduce I'll fix it too :-)

Jan 101: this is a bug, I'll try to reproduce and fix.

Thanks for trying it!!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #13
livia

Yes, it's correct, the documents are tagged as "Mendeley". What I was suggesting, is to add to each documents also the keywords assigned in the Mendeley collection. Anyway that would be a bit tricky, since the tags can change between two successive imports.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
cpina
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by livia View Post
Yes, it's correct, the documents are tagged as "Mendeley". What I was suggesting, is to add to each documents also the keywords assigned in the Mendeley collection. Anyway that would be a bit tricky, since the tags can change between two successive imports.

Yes, a bit tricky. I'll see what I can do, I have some ideas but I'm not sure if I'll do soon.

About your previous comment: I've just uploaded the version 0.0.4 ( http://pinux.info/calibre/mendeley-0.0.4.zip ) or check https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=mendeley . Now the calibre plugin in Mendeley can be called "calibre", "Calibre", "CALIBRE", etc. (it's non-case sensitive). And I've fixed some other bug.

If you encounter something or wish something let me know :-)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
livia

Nice! I'm glad that the limit of 20 documents did not come from Mendeley API.. I'll download the new version and try it as soon as possible!
Actually my goal would be to transfer my entire Mendeley collection to my e-reader through Calibre (one-way and without annotations is ok). That's why I was thinking also about tagging (or subfolders). Anyway, my workflow with Mendeley is not defined yet, so for now your plugin makes a very good job!!
I can continue in the other thread, so to have only one thread which is easier to update
Cheers
Livia

Tags
mendeley