Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #121
ferridder
ferridder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe View Post
On the 9th of June the M90 is finished and they directly ship it (m90 and M91S) to our office in Europe.
Do you have an expected shipment date for the 901?
ferridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:26 AM   #122
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferridder View Post
Do you have an expected shipment date for the 901?
No we don't have an expected date for the M901 3G
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #123
takitano
takitano began at the beginning.

Device: No
I see: no MOBI-Format for M91S... :-( Is this correct?

Regards,
Sergey
takitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #124
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
It will support MOBI, but without DRM only.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #125
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hello,
I’ve finally got my testing device (m90) from ONYX directly and can report, that there are some problems on the device still there to be solved. I can confirm the problem with IR sensor and spontaneous page turns when reading in sun light. It is really annoying, happens very often and ends mostly with freeze/reset action. I will record a short video and place it here. Reading in the LED light on the other hand causes no problems, even if it is very bright light. More disturbing for me is the positioning of the capacitive buttons in the middle of the left frame side. When I hold the device I have permanently to watch not to touch them. I would prefer to have them on the top or bottom of the device.
I will test the M90 more deeply this weekend and write a short review here.

Cheers!

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-02-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #126
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
@Booxtor That would be great!
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #127
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I will test the M90 more deeply this weekend and write a short review here.
I would appreciate it if you could give information on the battery power consumption and if there is an option to turn the IR button off completely.
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #128
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here ist the promised video about sun light issue :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2hxSWgwYo
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #129
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
I would appreciate it if you could give information on the battery power consumption and if there is an option to turn the IR button off completely.
I am using and testing the device for one week now. The battery was charged for 8 hours in the first night. Now the battery indicator shows 3 bars (60%) ( there are 5 bars if it is fully charged). I am not using WiFi, because it does not work currently, and not listening to the music. Just reading. I think it is OK, if I can read without recharging the battery for at least two weeks.
I could not find the option to turn off the IR button. I guess it is impossible in the current software version.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #130
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Here ist the promised video about sun light issue :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2hxSWgwYo
If it is a infra-red sensor, it would be normal if sunlight can interact with the instrument. Probably this would happen even with a normal thermal lamp-light, while with a low energy consumption lamp probably not.
Evidently the sensitivity of the I.R. sensor is not enough high and at Onyx have now some problem to find the right cut-off in order to preclude the interaction with the sun light but to allow the interaction with a human finger.
I'm afraid that i will have to put a piece of paper over that sensor
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #131
lm21cbe
lm21cbe is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Hello Booxtor.
May you check if it is possible to read djvu files, zoom , write, over the djvu with the stylus in the same way as in pdf files?
Do you know if it is possible to disconnect the capacitive sensors and only use the stylus ?
And finally, May you open simultaneously several files, and with different formats (pdf, djvu, txt,...) . If were possible, how many files could be opening ?

thx
lm21cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #132
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
What do you mean by opening several files simultaneously?
You cannot e.g. do a split screen and see multiple documents simultaneously. But you can switch between any number of documents you're reading (any format), and the Onyx Boox remembers which page you're on in each document. Each switch requires two actions: one to return from the book to the Recent Documents menu, and one to re-open the other document and automatically go to the page you're on.
BTW, I speak from my experience with the Boox 60, but I'm 99.9 % sure that it's the same for the M90.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #133
sammy
Connoisseur
sammy began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 700 entourage edge PB 360 PB603 Kindle DXG Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
I am using and testing the device for one week now. The battery was charged for 8 hours in the first night. Now the battery indicator shows 3 bars (60%) ( there are 5 bars if it is fully charged). I am not using WiFi, because it does not work currently, and not listening to the music. Just reading. I think it is OK, if I can read without recharging the battery for at least two weeks.
I could not find the option to turn off the IR button. I guess it is impossible in the current software version.
Hi,

could you say me, if this problem only occurs in bright sunlight or in normall daylight too? I have just ordererd the m90 and now I am not so sure if it was a good idea
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #134
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm21cbe View Post
Hello Booxtor.
May you check if it is possible to read djvu files, zoom , write, over the djvu with the stylus in the same way as in pdf files?
Do you know if it is possible to disconnect the capacitive sensors and only use the stylus ?
And finally, May you open simultaneously several files, and with different formats (pdf, djvu, txt,...) . If were possible, how many files could be opening?

thx
Hello,

I will record a short video in the next days to show how M90 is managing PDF, DjVU, FB2, EPUB and DOC Files.
Unfortunately it is currently not possible to switch off the capacitive sensors; I could not find this option yet.
About multitasking - You can open only one book and in the book you can open only one music file (if you like reading and hearing music) at the same time
Old 06-03-2011, 05:44 AM   #135
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
Hi,

could you say me, if this problem only occurs in bright sunlight or in normall daylight too? I have just ordererd the m90 and now I am not so sure if it was a good idea
Unfortunately it happens to my device mostly in normal daylight. Yesterday we had here blue sky and very bright sun light and I have tested my M90 in the direct sun light for a couple of minutes. The problem was disappeared. Back in the room, it appears again. A little bit weird...

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90