Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Note taking and anotating

I haven't really looked at the ereader scene for quite a while, and I really lost touch with it, I must say. So I'm going to need some advice.

I go and follow university courses from time to time and I've been taking my notes (and anotatink pdfs) on a thinkpad tablet (x41t, under linux). It works fine, but I must say it is somewhat heavy to lug around and, more importantly, I get tired from looking at the screen after a while. However, I do love being able to write with a pen (it helps me memorize, which no amount of typing will do). For various reasons (among which, ease of classification and editing), I don't want to go back to paper.

So my question is : is there any kind of e-ink screen device that allows for quick jotting down of notes, and also anotations of documents? It appears that e-ink screens are fast enough now to do such a thing.

Thanks
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
cdvdtux
cdvdtux has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Firefly and Kindle Touch
There is.
Store and data sheet - http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...m92-black.html
Firmware and other stuff -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162
Reviews - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M75UPV7j6lE, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157607
cdvdtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Thanks for the answer.
Well, looking at the youtube review, I must say that e-ink isn't quite as properly "there" as I thought. It appears it is good enough for a quick, short note, but the delay would probably make it awkward for a long session while listening to a lecture.

I guess I'll wait for another year or two.

Last edited by Trenien; 12-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
An alternative to a tablet (e-ink or otherwise) is the Livescribe pen. The pen records what you write, and produces a digital file that can be tranferred to a computer. There are hand writing recognition programs to turn your script into text. The pen can also record the audio from the lecture and link that to what you are writing.
petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote