Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Robert Parker anyone?

In my quest for something new to read I stumbled over a Robert Parker. Haven't heard of him. Has anyone read him? What would be a good start? There seems to be a fair amount of titles.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Many people seem to enjoy his mysteries. I've only ever read his westerns ... which I loved.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I like the Spencer books. But then, I know the places he writes about as I live in the Boston area.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Assuming you mean Robert B. Parker, creator of Spenser and Jesse Stone, I've never read him, but I liked the Spenser TV series, and I love the Jesse Stone TV movies.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I like the Spencer books. But then, I know the places he writes about as I live in the Boston area.
Which would be the first Spencer book?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Which would be the first Spencer book?
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/p/robert-b-parker/

The Godwulf Manuscript is the first Spencer book. Have a look at the above URL.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Only a limited amount of titles available on Amazon. None of the omnibus are available as Kindle versions. Hmm, perhaps it might be a good idea to wait a while and see what happens.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

A lot of the Spencer books are available via Overdrive. Since you have a T1, give it a go. Also, you could look for them in ePub since Amazon is lacking.

https://ebookstore.sony.com/author/r...rs=4294948498+

Sony has a lot of them. I've not checked if all are there.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Alas, Overdrive isn't available in Sweden. I realized that I searched for books not Kindle books on Amazon. Having rectified that mistake I noticed that there was a good selection, including omnibus in instalments of six books, curiously though the Spenser 1 - 6 starts with a different title. Publisher is RH so I'm thinking they will go down in price next year. Or is that overly optimistic?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #10
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
If you like Robert B. Parker, you might also like Raymond Chandler, who also writes great hardboiled noir. He is also available right here on moblieread for free. Just a thought.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Alas, Overdrive isn't available in Sweden. I realized that I searched for books not Kindle books on Amazon. Having rectified that mistake I noticed that there was a good selection, including omnibus in instalments of six books, curiously though the Spenser 1 - 6 starts with a different title. Publisher is RH so I'm thinking they will go down in price next year. Or is that overly optimistic?
The 1-6 omnibus is actually 16-21. So don't buy it until you get to 16 unless you like reading out of order. The order given on Fantastic Fiction is correct.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
He is also available right here on moblieread for free.
Oh? Hmm...off to look at the library....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
If you like Robert B. Parker, you might also like Raymond Chandler, who also writes great hardboiled noir. He is also available right here on moblieread for free. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Oh? Hmm...off to look at the library....
Public domain in Canada and other life+50 countries, not public domain for those of you in the US or EU.

Last edited by Synamon; 11-27-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
I don't know if I like Parker yet, haven't read anything, but I didn't know Chandler was available here, thought he was still in copyright. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #15
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 1-6 omnibus is actually 16-21. So don't buy it until you get to 16 unless you like reading out of order. The order given on Fantastic Fiction is correct.
Nice catch, thanks.
Think the deal on Agency pricing will result in lower prices for Parker?