Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
opalflame
opalflame began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Bulk converting settings

So here is my issue I am wanting to do bulk converting for a comic book collection I have been working on. When I try to bulk convert there is no option to not have it turn black and white. Is there a way to have settings so it will always be in colour? or do I just have to do it one at a time? and adjust settings every time?
opalflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
opalflame

oh as a side note conversion I am looking to do is from CBR to epub for my kobo vox any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can set bulk setting via Preferences->Conversion->Output Options
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
opalflame

wow lovely!!! thank you sooo much such a simple answer for something I spend days trying to figure out lol
Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be aware that the bulk settings get overridden by individual settings if you have converted the book before. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...for-conversion
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Be aware that the bulk settings get overridden by individual settings if you have converted the book before. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...for-conversion
Kovid I have been thinking about how this (saved setting) could be confusing new users.

Is there any way to indicate on the conversion form that there ARE saved settings that are being used?

Grey out (disable) the Restore Button. Move the button to the top (similar location as the tick box in Bulk Conversion)

Do a similar trick for bulk mode: If NO saved settings, disable the tick box message.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The problem is that a bulk conversion applies to many books, some of which may have saved settings and some not. It is possible to easily indicate the case of no saved settings, but anything else would require a full listing of books to be useful.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The problem is that a bulk conversion applies to many books, some of which may have saved settings and some not. It is possible to easily indicate the case of no saved settings, but anything else would require a full listing of books to be useful.
I agree that a list of books would be needed.
I was thinking more on the line of Aborting the bulk convert if I saw there box active (indicating some books had previous settings) and re-thinking doing the bulk convert. Once a convert (bulk or otherwise) those settings are stored.

Bulk Ignoring the saved settings may lose some custom overrides that were previously needed for a specific title.

NB I tend to avoid Bulk... on anything other than Freshly added items for some of those reasons
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK, that much is easily done.