Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Artlink
Artlink began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Bookbaby PDF conversion to ePub

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has used the PDF to ePub conversion option with Bookbaby?

I have a book which I need a fixed layout with images, and would prefer them to convert.
Artlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I use Bookbaby for distribution but have never used any of their conversion services. I imagine that Bookbaby, or any service that offers a (relatively) low fixed price for conversion, must use a mostly automated conversion process. I would be very wary of automatic conversion from PDF even for simple layouts. If you want a good result, especially when talking about a complex format with images, then I think you will have to put in a lot of work yourself, or be prepared to pay someone to put that time in for you.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bookbaby, epub conversion, pdf conversion